The Lord of the Rings films feature some of the most iconic moments in fantastical film history. Fans of the franchise will surely remember the Battle of Helms Deep, the Battle of Minas Tirith and many other instances. Epic moments are what helped make The Lord of the Rings what it is today.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War is coming this August and gamers are surely wondering what elements from the film will appear in the upcoming game. Prominent figures like Lord Sauron will make appearances, as will the terrifying beasts known as the Nazgul.
Players will be able to take on the Nazgul throughout their time in Shadow of War. They will function as enemy bosses and each will have their own behavior. Monolith Productions’ Michael de Plater discussed how the Nazgul fit into Shadow of War and how players will encounter them.
“They are bosses. You are competing with them throughout Mordor and as you get in there and start to conquer Mordor and you’re facing them. Different weapons that relate to who they were historically. We’ve added specific gameplay to each of the individual Nazgul in relation to their different boss fights as well. So whether you’re fighting them singularly or as a group,” de Plater told IGN.
Boss fights against the Nazgul sound like they’ll be unique to the creature you are facing. Since each has specific gameplay, that’ll make for unique battles against each Nazgul. Michael went onto explain what is special about featuring the Nazgul more prominently in Shadow of War.
“One of the things we really enjoyed in Shadow of Mordor was getting to show the backstory of Sauron and seeing Sauron in fairform and seeing the history of that. So now we get to do that same thing with the Nazgul, so we actually get to reveal the history of who some of them were, and of course their relationship to the rings of power, which of course means their relationship to Celebrimbor and Sauron, so it all kind of gets twisted up in that. But the identity of some of them, we were also able to weave into the lore of Middle Earth in some really interesting ways,” de Plater said.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War will release this coming Aug. 22 for PS4, PS4 Pro, Project Scorpio, Xbox One and PC. Expect to see the game during Microsoft’s E3 2017 Project Scorpio showcase. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Shadow of War.
- PS4 Exclusive God of War Director Planning ‘Multiple Games’ - July 27, 2017
- Uncharted Dev Focused on The Lost Legacy & Last of Us Part II, Nothing Beyond That - July 27, 2017
- Agents of Mayhem’s Daisy is There to ‘Have Fun & Kick Ass’ - July 27, 2017
- LawBreakers Open Beta Kicks Off Tomorrow on PS4 & PC - July 27, 2017
- Wired Productions Steps Up to Combat Mental Health Issues - July 27, 2017
- Agents of Mayhem’s Global Conflict Mode Reveals Hidden Lairs, Best Gadgets - July 26, 2017
- Sega Genesis is Returning This September With 85 Classic Games - July 26, 2017
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice Captures Photo Mode This August - July 26, 2017
- Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition Coming to Switch This September - July 26, 2017
- Aven Colony is a Fun Yet Repetitive Experience - July 25, 2017