This past February, Sony and Guerrilla Games released the smash-success open-world game, Horizon Zero Dawn. The title featured futuristic beasts while primitive man was living among them in the wilderness. Horizon Zero Dawn proved to be as great as it seemed and now the studio is thinking about what’s next.
When a studio creates a brand-new IP and a world such as Horizon Zero Dawn‘s, it is partly done with what lies beyond in mind. There are always more stories for a world to tell and I sure hope this is true for Guerrilla’s latest IP.
Horizon Zero Dawn sold more than 2.6 million copies during its first two weeks on sale. This bodes well for more stories to be told in Guerrilla’s intriguing and beautiful world. So what would you want to see in a Horizon Zero Dawn sequel? John Gonzalez, who is the narrative director on Zero Dawn, discussed an ideal he hopes the studio will stand by should a sequel become a reality.
“We’ve been absolutely humbled by players’ response to the story and their emotional connection to Aloy. Should a sequel happen, our number-one goal would be to respect that connection by doing our utmost to create a story that resonates just as deeply. We feel duty-bound to honor the time and emotion that players have invested in Horizon. The last thing we want to do is disappoint the folks who have given the game such passionate support,” Gonzalez told GI.
Horizon Zero Dawn was built up masterfully by Sony and to the credit of Guerrilla Games, the game lived up to the hype. Games these days can sometimes falter under massive expectations from fans, but this game thrived. Jan-Bart van Beek, who is the art director on Zero Dawn, provided his two cents for what he would want in a Horizon Zero Dawn sequel.
“More machines. They are a lot of fun to design, build, animate, and play with. I wish we could have done a hundred. But reality is a harsh mistress; it doesn’t allow you to make hundreds of machines,” van Beek told GI.
The machines of Horizon Zero Dawn is one of the most fun aspects of the world. They are incredibly unique, but still they remain relatable. Guerrilla Games may not release a game for a few years, but when they do, here’s hoping a Horizon Zero Dawn sequel comes along. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Horizon Zero Dawn.
- PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Development Process Made Seamless By Microsoft & Sony, Says Mulaka Dev - April 24, 2017
- Activision Confirms Call of Duty: WWII, Livestream Coming Wednesday - April 22, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s Nemesis System Is ‘Expanded In Every Way’ - April 22, 2017
- Star Wars Battlefront II’s Story Now An Established Part Of The Franchise - April 22, 2017
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey Receives Exciting New Trailer - April 21, 2017
- Ubisoft Cuts The Ribbon On New Bordeaux & Berlin Development Studios - April 20, 2017
- Remedy Recounts Microsoft’s Request To Remove ‘Explicit Nudity’ Texture From Quantum Break - April 20, 2017
- Dev On Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel: ‘More Machines’ & Respecting The Emotional Connection - April 19, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Will Feature The Nazgul As Enemy Bosses - April 19, 2017
- Mulaka Is Coming To PS4 & Xbox One This Year, And It Looks Awesome - April 18, 2017