Microsoft and Porsche are entering into a long-term deal that Forza gamers will love. The two companies are announcing a six-year partnership that will bring “a suit of co-branded initiatives for Porsche” and the Forza brand. Forza Horizon 3 players can enjoy the Porsche Car Pack, which is available now.
Both firms are working to create new driving experiences and driving schools, alongside Forza‘s “regular cadence” of gaming experiences. This most likely points toward the trend we’ve seen of a new Forza Motorsport one year and a new Forza Horizon the next. For those wondering, it’s Forza Motorsport‘s turn for a new iteration.
Detlev von Platen, who is a member of the executive board responsible for sales and marketing at Porsche AG, spoke about the exciting news. “By having Microsoft as our partner, we have the opportunity to take the pleasure of driving a Porsche and making it an experience in the virtual world.
“Racing games and esports connect the real and virtual worlds and enable us to gain further access to the young target group. It means that they can develop a passion for Porsche even before buying their first sports car,” von Platen said.
Microsoft confirmed that over four million players “race” in Forza each month. The company is heavily pushing the Forza Racing Championship, whose third season begins May 1. They are also holding a New York Invitational this coming April 15-16. You can learn more about the event here.
Gamers on both Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 3 can experience Porsche’s marvelous vehicles. It’ll be interesting to see how Microsoft and developer Turn 10 Studios incorporate Porsche into upcoming Forza games. One that is a near certainty to be announced in the coming months is Forza Motorsport 7. The game will likely release sometime this fall. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Forza.
- PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Development Process Made Seamless By Microsoft & Sony, Says Mulaka Dev - April 24, 2017
- Activision Confirms Call of Duty: WWII, Livestream Coming Wednesday - April 22, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s Nemesis System Is ‘Expanded In Every Way’ - April 22, 2017
- Star Wars Battlefront II’s Story Now An Established Part Of The Franchise - April 22, 2017
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey Receives Exciting New Trailer - April 21, 2017
- Ubisoft Cuts The Ribbon On New Bordeaux & Berlin Development Studios - April 20, 2017
- Remedy Recounts Microsoft’s Request To Remove ‘Explicit Nudity’ Texture From Quantum Break - April 20, 2017
- Dev On Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel: ‘More Machines’ & Respecting The Emotional Connection - April 19, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Will Feature The Nazgul As Enemy Bosses - April 19, 2017
- Mulaka Is Coming To PS4 & Xbox One This Year, And It Looks Awesome - April 18, 2017