Microsoft and Porsche are entering into a long-term deal that Forza gamers will love. The two companies are announcing a six-year partnership that will bring “a suit of co-branded initiatives for Porsche” and the Forza brand. Forza Horizon 3 players can enjoy the Porsche Car Pack, which is available now.
Both firms are working to create new driving experiences and driving schools, alongside Forza‘s “regular cadence” of gaming experiences. This most likely points toward the trend we’ve seen of a new Forza Motorsport one year and a new Forza Horizon the next. For those wondering, it’s Forza Motorsport‘s turn for a new iteration.
Detlev von Platen, who is a member of the executive board responsible for sales and marketing at Porsche AG, spoke about the exciting news. “By having Microsoft as our partner, we have the opportunity to take the pleasure of driving a Porsche and making it an experience in the virtual world.
“Racing games and esports connect the real and virtual worlds and enable us to gain further access to the young target group. It means that they can develop a passion for Porsche even before buying their first sports car,” von Platen said.
Microsoft confirmed that over four million players “race” in Forza each month. The company is heavily pushing the Forza Racing Championship, whose third season begins May 1. They are also holding a New York Invitational this coming April 15-16. You can learn more about the event here.
Gamers on both Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 3 can experience Porsche’s marvelous vehicles. It’ll be interesting to see how Microsoft and developer Turn 10 Studios incorporate Porsche into upcoming Forza games. One that is a near certainty to be announced in the coming months is Forza Motorsport 7. The game will likely release sometime this fall. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Forza.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Is The Best Looking Game On Xbox One X - June 22, 2017
- Far Cry 5’s American Debut Comes At Exactly The Right Time - June 22, 2017
- Review: Sam Adams Summer Seasonal Beers – Part II - June 22, 2017
- Review: George Remus Straight Bourbon Whiskey – A Whiskey Lover’s Delight - June 21, 2017
- Xbox One Executive Calls $499 Xbox One X Price ‘An Incredible Value’ - June 20, 2017
- PS4 Boss Teases Exclusives Launching During First Half 2018 - June 19, 2017
- Destiny 2 Plays, Looks & Runs Amazing On PC - June 19, 2017
- Perception Grants A New Lens For Experiencing Terror & Adventure - June 16, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII Delivers What Gamers Wanted In A Massive Way - June 16, 2017
- PS4 Exclusive Days Gone Gives Players Alternate Paths To Success - June 15, 2017