Microsoft and Porsche are entering into a long-term deal that Forza gamers will love. The two companies are announcing a six-year partnership that will bring “a suit of co-branded initiatives for Porsche” and the Forza brand. Forza Horizon 3 players can enjoy the Porsche Car Pack, which is available now.
Both firms are working to create new driving experiences and driving schools, alongside Forza‘s “regular cadence” of gaming experiences. This most likely points toward the trend we’ve seen of a new Forza Motorsport one year and a new Forza Horizon the next. For those wondering, it’s Forza Motorsport‘s turn for a new iteration.
Detlev von Platen, who is a member of the executive board responsible for sales and marketing at Porsche AG, spoke about the exciting news. “By having Microsoft as our partner, we have the opportunity to take the pleasure of driving a Porsche and making it an experience in the virtual world.
“Racing games and esports connect the real and virtual worlds and enable us to gain further access to the young target group. It means that they can develop a passion for Porsche even before buying their first sports car,” von Platen said.
Microsoft confirmed that over four million players “race” in Forza each month. The company is heavily pushing the Forza Racing Championship, whose third season begins May 1. They are also holding a New York Invitational this coming April 15-16. You can learn more about the event here.
Gamers on both Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 3 can experience Porsche’s marvelous vehicles. It’ll be interesting to see how Microsoft and developer Turn 10 Studios incorporate Porsche into upcoming Forza games. One that is a near certainty to be announced in the coming months is Forza Motorsport 7. The game will likely release sometime this fall. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Forza.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017