Microsoft is preparing for an extremely important next seven or eight months. The company will be launching Project Scorpio as well as a slew of major games. One of the upcoming titles people can expect to see is State of Decay 2. E3 2017 will be a big moment for many in the gaming industry and the team working on State of Decay 2 is one of them.
Given the fact that State of Decay 2 is an open-world game, it’s fair to expect a deep dive into its universe and features at E3. Microsoft and Undead Labs are keeping a tight lid on what’s behind State of Decay 2, and the intrigue is building up all the more.
There is a massive amount of popularity surrounding the zombie genre, both in gaming and in other media. Microsoft’s State of Decay capitalizes on that popularity in a fabulous way. The founder of Undead Labs Jeff Strain went onto to explain what he thinks drives the popularity of the zombie genre.
“The zombie genre has indeed retained its popularity and has clearly become one of the ubiquitous game genres alongside fantasy, science fiction, and military-themed games. I do think zombies hold a unique place as unapologetic meat puppets — you can mow them down all day and not feel a moment’s guilt — but I think the real power of the genre comes from its apocalyptic-survival aspect,” Strain told WindowsCentral.
Strain teased that E3 2017 will be a “great show” for fans of State of Decay, and no doubt the series in general. I expect Microsoft to heavily showcase State of Decay 2, particularly since it will likely be a Scorpio launch title. Xbox’s E3 showcase this year will take place on Sunday, June 11 and we’ll find out more then.
E3 2017 will run from June 12 through June 14 in Los Angeles, CA. Microsoft will presumably be revealing everything about Project Scorpio, if they haven’t already done so. The new system will launch this holiday season. Microsoft’s State of Decay 2 will make its debut later this year as well. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on State of Decay 2.
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a Breakout Switch Exclusive - August 28, 2017