Volition has been working on its next project over the last few years and this coming August will be when gamers can get their hands on it. Agents of Mayhem arrives on Aug. 15 and is the first release since Saints Row 4 debuted in 2013.
Like Saints Row, Agents of Mayhem will be an open-world, action game. Gamers will take three of the game’s twelve agents and complete quests throughout this new world. These missions will be scattered around “the city of tomorrow,” otherwise known as Seoul, South Korea. Each agent will have unique abilities to help players complete quest after quest.
As you might expect in an open-world game, Agents of Mayhem will feature a slew of activities. These will range from main quests all the way to side objectives. Anoop Shekar, who is a design director at Volition, explained some of the activities players will encounter.
“There are the outposts you can take over but there are also legion lairs you’ll encounter throughout the main storyline. You’ll stumble upon them or get information about where they are. These lairs are all over the place and you can get rewards, experience, crafting materials, and money by completing them. There are also races you can do on foot or in your car. We also have targets, legion cannons that are strategically placed throughout the map that you need to take out,” Shekar told GameSpot.
It seems like there will be plenty of activities to keep players busy in Agents of Mayhem. How exactly these fit within the context of the story will be interesting to find out. You may be wondering what the length of Agents of Mayhem will be, and Volition provided some transparency behind that. “It’s probably a little bit less, except for the legion dungeons, but they are comparable.”
Agents of Mayhem will apparently feature less playtime than Saints Row 4. However, the way you spend your time in the open-world and your gameplay choices will weigh heavily into that length. Agents of Mayhem will launch this coming Aug. 15 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Agents of Mayhem.
- Ubisoft Releases Update 1.7 for Tom Clancy’s The Division - August 17, 2017
- Stunning Indie Game Light Fall Drops March 2018 on PS4, Xbox One & PC - August 17, 2017
- Activision Reveals Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta Dates - August 16, 2017
- WBIE Releases New Shadow of War Tribes Trailer - August 16, 2017
- Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates Releases October on Steam - August 16, 2017
- Dev Announces Raid: World War II’s September PC Release Date - August 16, 2017
- We Happy Few Forgoing Console Exclusivity is a Win for Gamers - August 16, 2017
- God Told Far Cry 5’s Villain The End of The World is Coming - August 15, 2017
- Xbox Acknowledges Xbox One X Pre-Order Frustration, Talks YouTube Streaming - August 15, 2017
- Meet Volition’s New Masterpiece: Agents of Mayhem - August 15, 2017