Volition has been working on its next project over the last few years and this coming August will be when gamers can get their hands on it. Agents of Mayhem arrives on Aug. 15 and is the first release since Saints Row 4 debuted in 2013.
Like Saints Row, Agents of Mayhem will be an open-world, action game. Gamers will take three of the game’s twelve agents and complete quests throughout this new world. These missions will be scattered around “the city of tomorrow,” otherwise known as Seoul, South Korea. Each agent will have unique abilities to help players complete quest after quest.
As you might expect in an open-world game, Agents of Mayhem will feature a slew of activities. These will range from main quests all the way to side objectives. Anoop Shekar, who is a design director at Volition, explained some of the activities players will encounter.
“There are the outposts you can take over but there are also legion lairs you’ll encounter throughout the main storyline. You’ll stumble upon them or get information about where they are. These lairs are all over the place and you can get rewards, experience, crafting materials, and money by completing them. There are also races you can do on foot or in your car. We also have targets, legion cannons that are strategically placed throughout the map that you need to take out,” Shekar told GameSpot.
It seems like there will be plenty of activities to keep players busy in Agents of Mayhem. How exactly these fit within the context of the story will be interesting to find out. You may be wondering what the length of Agents of Mayhem will be, and Volition provided some transparency behind that. “It’s probably a little bit less, except for the legion dungeons, but they are comparable.”
Agents of Mayhem will apparently feature less playtime than Saints Row 4. However, the way you spend your time in the open-world and your gameplay choices will weigh heavily into that length. Agents of Mayhem will launch this coming Aug. 15 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Agents of Mayhem.
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017