Several years ago, Bungie and Activision launched a new first-person shooter franchise called Destiny. The game saw incredible commercial success and its community has grown in a significant way. The studio has been working on new content for the game ever since its 2014 launch, and that has culminated with a new game.
While it has been expected for quite sometime now, Destiny 2 has been officially announced. Bungie and Activision released a brand new reveal trailer to mark the occasion. Destiny 2 will take players “on an epic journey to defend humanity from annihilation,” per Activision’s release.
Bungie’s next adventure promises to feature a character-driven story, and hopefully a more fleshed out campaign. Gamers can check out new gameplay footage for Destiny 2 on May 18. It will include “a variety of fun, action-oriented activities” that can be found in the game.
The new installment is being dubbed as a fresh start for all players, and it will expand the world gamers first saw in 2014. PC players will be able to experience this world for the first time, as it is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC this Sept. 8. Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg spoke about the news of the game coming to PC.
“Destiny was the biggest launch of a new console video game franchise ever. Along with our incredibly talented partners at Bungie, we are focusing on making Destiny 2 even better, with state of the art first person action, an awesome new story, great characters, and thoughtful innovations that make the game more accessible to all different kinds of players. We’re also bringing Destiny 2 to the PC platform for the first time. Destiny 2 will make an already great game franchise better than ever,” Hirshberg said.
The final safe city on Earth has crumbled and has been overtaken by the Red Legion. This new enemy force is a powerful one and will challenge players. This experience will allow players to create their own Guardian, and through them try to reclaim Earth. You can check out the hilarious new trailer for Destiny 2 above.
The new game will feature a “fresh story filled with new destinations around our solar system” for players to explore. Gameplay will embrace solo play, co-op and competitive experiences. Bungie CEO Pete Parsons provided some thoughts on the big announcement.
“The past three years have been incredibly inspiring and rewarding for Bungie. To know that millions of players around the world have forged lasting Destiny memories and even made it their hobby is truly humbling and we can’t wait to continue the journey.
“We are looking forward to sharing a fresh, inviting story, and with the upcoming Destiny 2 Beta slated for this summer, we are eager to get feedback from millions of players around the world who will get a glimpse of the new adventures that will unfold for all of us. Together, with our partners at Activision, we are thrilled to get Destiny 2 in the hands of players in September,” Parsons said.
Activision and Bungie will host a beta for gamers prior to its Sept. 8 release date. Activision has yet to say when exactly that’ll take place. I’d expect the beta to take place in either August or late July. There is a FAQ you can check out to learn more about the upcoming beta. Destiny 2 will launch this coming Sept. 8 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Destiny 2.
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a Breakout Switch Exclusive - August 28, 2017