Back in 2015, CD Projekt RED released the critically acclaimed open-world, RPG The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The game turned out to be a massive hit for the studio and one of the best games in 2015. Turning their heads toward the future, CD Projekt RED is working on another massive title.
Gamers first heard of Cyberpunk 2077 when CD Projekt RED announced the game back in January 2013. Since then, the game has largely been under wraps and not much has been said regarding the upcoming open-world RPG. Cyberpunk 2077 takes gamers into the future, where a completely different experience will be found.
While The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 will obviously have major differences, CD Projekt RED expects the latter to outperform the former. Michal Kiciński, who is a co-founder of CD Projekt RED, recently spoke about his expectations for Cyberpunk 2077 when it releases.
“I am convinced that Cyberpunk 2077 may be [a] much greater commercial success [compared to] The Witcher 3. [The] futuristic world of Cyberpunk is closer to what we know from everyday life. It is also increasingly popular, as evidenced by its presence in a number of films, books, comics and games. You have to remember that fantasy, it is a much more niche topic.
“I believe that in the case of Cyberpunk, CD Projekt will be able to fight not only for the prestigious prizes and awards, but also [be] a great commercial success. The combination of these two elements in the gaming industry is difficult but entirely possible,” Kiciński told Gazeta.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is one of the best RPGs of this generation. That’s a pretty tall order to top for Cyberpunk 2077. However, with the knowledge CD Projekt RED possesses from their work on The Witcher though, it certainly is doable.
CD Projekt RED continues to remain silent regarding what is happening with Cyberpunk 2077. There is no release date for the game, nor has there been any gameplay. While it is just a hunch, I somewhat expect Cyberpunk 2077 to appear at Microsoft’s E3 briefing. Wouldn’t that game be a great one to showcase on Project Scorpio?
We’ll see when CD Projekt RED ultimately unveils Cyberpunk 2077‘s gameplay though. We do know the game will launch on PS4, Xbox One and PC when it debuts. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Cyberpunk 2077.
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017