This past December at PSX 2016, Housemarque and Sony announced the upcoming top-down voxel shooter Nex Machina. The game then seemed like it would be a PS4 exclusive title, but that isn’t the case. Today, Housemarque is revealing Nex Machina will launch on PC this coming summer.
From what the studio is saying about the game, it will release simultaneously on PS4 and PC. This marks the first time Housemarque has launched a game on PC since their 1999 title Supreme Snowboarding. Housemarque’s Outland game is available on Steam, but it’s a port that arrived three years after its original launch.
Ilari Kuittinen, who is the CEO of Housemarque, expressed his thoughts regarding today’s announcement. “It’s amazing and humbling to be able to get back to our roots in PC development, where we started almost 22 years ago,” Kuittinen said.
Housemarque previously wasn’t talking about a release date for Nex Machina and that’s not changing. The developer is confirming their hopes to launch the game this summer. Again, Nex Machina will arrive on PS4 and PC, seemingly at the same time. To celebrate the PC announcement, Housemarque released a new 4K trailer for gamers to enjoy.
The studio is saying Nex Machina will be a “controller focused” game. However, they are “fine-tuning a mouse and keyboard control scheme” for PC gamers. Mikael Haveri, who is the head of publishing at Housemarque, spoke about working on the PC version of the game.
“Working on the PC build has come with its own set of challenges, but our friends at Nvidia have helped us realize that Housemarque magic on the PC as well,” Haveri said.
Housemarque went onto tease upcoming news regarding Nex Machina in the “days and weeks” ahead. We Write Things recently had the chance to speak with Haveri about Nex Machina. You can catch up on our coverage here. Housemarque’s Nex Machina will launch this coming summer on PS4 and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Nex Machina.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017