This past December at PSX 2016, Housemarque and Sony announced the upcoming top-down voxel shooter Nex Machina. The game then seemed like it would be a PS4 exclusive title, but that isn’t the case. Today, Housemarque is revealing Nex Machina will launch on PC this coming summer.
From what the studio is saying about the game, it will release simultaneously on PS4 and PC. This marks the first time Housemarque has launched a game on PC since their 1999 title Supreme Snowboarding. Housemarque’s Outland game is available on Steam, but it’s a port that arrived three years after its original launch.
Ilari Kuittinen, who is the CEO of Housemarque, expressed his thoughts regarding today’s announcement. “It’s amazing and humbling to be able to get back to our roots in PC development, where we started almost 22 years ago,” Kuittinen said.
Housemarque previously wasn’t talking about a release date for Nex Machina and that’s not changing. The developer is confirming their hopes to launch the game this summer. Again, Nex Machina will arrive on PS4 and PC, seemingly at the same time. To celebrate the PC announcement, Housemarque released a new 4K trailer for gamers to enjoy.
The studio is saying Nex Machina will be a “controller focused” game. However, they are “fine-tuning a mouse and keyboard control scheme” for PC gamers. Mikael Haveri, who is the head of publishing at Housemarque, spoke about working on the PC version of the game.
“Working on the PC build has come with its own set of challenges, but our friends at Nvidia have helped us realize that Housemarque magic on the PC as well,” Haveri said.
Housemarque went onto tease upcoming news regarding Nex Machina in the “days and weeks” ahead. We Write Things recently had the chance to speak with Haveri about Nex Machina. You can catch up on our coverage here. Housemarque’s Nex Machina will launch this coming summer on PS4 and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Nex Machina.
- PS4 Exclusive God of War Director Planning ‘Multiple Games’ - July 27, 2017
- Uncharted Dev Focused on The Lost Legacy & Last of Us Part II, Nothing Beyond That - July 27, 2017
- Agents of Mayhem’s Daisy is There to ‘Have Fun & Kick Ass’ - July 27, 2017
- LawBreakers Open Beta Kicks Off Tomorrow on PS4 & PC - July 27, 2017
- Wired Productions Steps Up to Combat Mental Health Issues - July 27, 2017
- Agents of Mayhem’s Global Conflict Mode Reveals Hidden Lairs, Best Gadgets - July 26, 2017
- Sega Genesis is Returning This September With 85 Classic Games - July 26, 2017
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice Captures Photo Mode This August - July 26, 2017
- Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition Coming to Switch This September - July 26, 2017
- Aven Colony is a Fun Yet Repetitive Experience - July 25, 2017