This past December at PSX 2016, Housemarque and Sony announced the upcoming top-down voxel shooter Nex Machina. The game then seemed like it would be a PS4 exclusive title, but that isn’t the case. Today, Housemarque is revealing Nex Machina will launch on PC this coming summer.
From what the studio is saying about the game, it will release simultaneously on PS4 and PC. This marks the first time Housemarque has launched a game on PC since their 1999 title Supreme Snowboarding. Housemarque’s Outland game is available on Steam, but it’s a port that arrived three years after its original launch.
Ilari Kuittinen, who is the CEO of Housemarque, expressed his thoughts regarding today’s announcement. “It’s amazing and humbling to be able to get back to our roots in PC development, where we started almost 22 years ago,” Kuittinen said.
Housemarque previously wasn’t talking about a release date for Nex Machina and that’s not changing. The developer is confirming their hopes to launch the game this summer. Again, Nex Machina will arrive on PS4 and PC, seemingly at the same time. To celebrate the PC announcement, Housemarque released a new 4K trailer for gamers to enjoy.
The studio is saying Nex Machina will be a “controller focused” game. However, they are “fine-tuning a mouse and keyboard control scheme” for PC gamers. Mikael Haveri, who is the head of publishing at Housemarque, spoke about working on the PC version of the game.
“Working on the PC build has come with its own set of challenges, but our friends at Nvidia have helped us realize that Housemarque magic on the PC as well,” Haveri said.
Housemarque went onto tease upcoming news regarding Nex Machina in the “days and weeks” ahead. We Write Things recently had the chance to speak with Haveri about Nex Machina. You can catch up on our coverage here. Housemarque’s Nex Machina will launch this coming summer on PS4 and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Nex Machina.
- Sniper Elite 4 Unleashes New Deathstorm Chapter Today - April 25, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII Is Coming This Year, But What About Advanced Warfare 2? - April 25, 2017
- PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Development Process Made Seamless By Microsoft & Sony, Says Mulaka Dev - April 24, 2017
- Activision Confirms Call of Duty: WWII, Livestream Coming Wednesday - April 22, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s Nemesis System Is ‘Expanded In Every Way’ - April 22, 2017
- Star Wars Battlefront II’s Story Now An Established Part Of The Franchise - April 22, 2017
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey Receives Exciting New Trailer - April 21, 2017
- Ubisoft Cuts The Ribbon On New Bordeaux & Berlin Development Studios - April 20, 2017
- Remedy Recounts Microsoft’s Request To Remove ‘Explicit Nudity’ Texture From Quantum Break - April 20, 2017
- Dev On Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel: ‘More Machines’ & Respecting The Emotional Connection - April 19, 2017