Microsoft is one gaming company with a massive 2017 ahead of itself. The upcoming console Project Scorpio releases later this year, and this summer at E3 2017 will be when Microsoft showcases the new system. Many games will come to the system this fall, but one you might be anticipating most is State of Decay 2.
While you might have thought Microsoft would be willing to speak about Scorpio’s impact on State of Decay 2, a company representative recently said, “It’s something we’ll talk about at E3.” E3 2017 will likely be Project Scorpio’s rundown, both in regards to hardware and software.
If you have been following State of Decay 2 recently, you’ll then know about the concept art Undead Labs has been releasing. The developer is methodically releasing new information about the game, and its art is just one part of that. Undead Labs CEO Jeff Strain addressed the concept art releases and teased E3 further.
“We will be releasing selective tidbits about the game and pieces of information like that just so that people can see that it’s coming and get excited about it. I think that it’s fair to say that at E3 there’ll be a lot more information,” Strain told GameSpot.
Microsoft is holding back many details about Project Scorpio and its games until E3 2017. Third party partners seem to be following that lead. Games like Shadow of War are teasing E3 for news on how it’ll be taking advantage of Project Scorpio.
It’s fair to assume other third party developers will be on the Scorpio bandwagon at E3. Ubisoft is a partner of Microsoft’s and Assassin’s Creed is a franchise that could use Scorpio as a marketing tactic. After all, the game has been in development for years now and should see major news at E3. It makes sense for Ubisoft to use Scorpio as a springboard for its next Assassin’s Creed game.
E3 2017 will run from June 13 through June 15 and will take place in Los Angeles, CA as usual. Microsoft will host its E3 briefing on Sunday, June 11. Project Scorpio launches this coming holiday season, and State of Decay 2 will likely follow as well. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Project Scorpio.
- Sniper Elite 4 Unleashes New Deathstorm Chapter Today - April 25, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII Is Coming This Year, But What About Advanced Warfare 2? - April 25, 2017
- PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Development Process Made Seamless By Microsoft & Sony, Says Mulaka Dev - April 24, 2017
- Activision Confirms Call of Duty: WWII, Livestream Coming Wednesday - April 22, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s Nemesis System Is ‘Expanded In Every Way’ - April 22, 2017
- Star Wars Battlefront II’s Story Now An Established Part Of The Franchise - April 22, 2017
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey Receives Exciting New Trailer - April 21, 2017
- Ubisoft Cuts The Ribbon On New Bordeaux & Berlin Development Studios - April 20, 2017
- Remedy Recounts Microsoft’s Request To Remove ‘Explicit Nudity’ Texture From Quantum Break - April 20, 2017
- Dev On Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel: ‘More Machines’ & Respecting The Emotional Connection - April 19, 2017