Microsoft is one gaming company with a massive 2017 ahead of itself. The upcoming console Project Scorpio releases later this year, and this summer at E3 2017 will be when Microsoft showcases the new system. Many games will come to the system this fall, but one you might be anticipating most is State of Decay 2.
While you might have thought Microsoft would be willing to speak about Scorpio’s impact on State of Decay 2, a company representative recently said, “It’s something we’ll talk about at E3.” E3 2017 will likely be Project Scorpio’s rundown, both in regards to hardware and software.
If you have been following State of Decay 2 recently, you’ll then know about the concept art Undead Labs has been releasing. The developer is methodically releasing new information about the game, and its art is just one part of that. Undead Labs CEO Jeff Strain addressed the concept art releases and teased E3 further.
“We will be releasing selective tidbits about the game and pieces of information like that just so that people can see that it’s coming and get excited about it. I think that it’s fair to say that at E3 there’ll be a lot more information,” Strain told GameSpot.
Microsoft is holding back many details about Project Scorpio and its games until E3 2017. Third party partners seem to be following that lead. Games like Shadow of War are teasing E3 for news on how it’ll be taking advantage of Project Scorpio.
It’s fair to assume other third party developers will be on the Scorpio bandwagon at E3. Ubisoft is a partner of Microsoft’s and Assassin’s Creed is a franchise that could use Scorpio as a marketing tactic. After all, the game has been in development for years now and should see major news at E3. It makes sense for Ubisoft to use Scorpio as a springboard for its next Assassin’s Creed game.
E3 2017 will run from June 13 through June 15 and will take place in Los Angeles, CA as usual. Microsoft will host its E3 briefing on Sunday, June 11. Project Scorpio launches this coming holiday season, and State of Decay 2 will likely follow as well. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Project Scorpio.
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a Breakout Switch Exclusive - August 28, 2017