Last year, Naughty Dog and Sony released Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End. The game received rave reviews and gamers across the world were thrilled with the experience. Many thought Uncharted would be done as a series, but as gamers saw at PSX 2016, the future is bright.
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy made its debut at the end of last year, and it is going to launch sometime in 2017. The game stars Chloe Frazer and Nadine Ross as they journey to pick up an ancient Indian artifact. As usual, there are a number of foes who seek to steal the treasure for themselves, and players will need to fight the formidable enemy forces.
While it might not be similar to The Last of Us: Left Behind from a gameplay standpoint, it feels like there’s a similar vibe Naughty Dog is trying to recapture. Sony’s Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will release this year, and you may be wondering how the game is progressing. Naughty Dog’s Kurt Margenau, who is the game director on The Lost Legacy, spoke about the game’s current state.
“[Uncharted: The Lost Legacy] is at that state where it is starting to come together, the art is starting to go in. There is time when the game is not in a great place, and it’s always scary and then you kind of push through and you work through it,” Margenau told GI.
Currently, there is no release date for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, outside of its 2017 time table. Unless we hear something beforehand, it’s fair to expect a release date announced at E3 2017.
Developers at Naughty Dog are well aware of the importance of the Uncharted franchise. Its history and renown are immense and gamers have high expectations for The Lost Legacy. Shaun Escayg, who is the creative director on The Lost Legacy, talked about the pressure that comes with this game.
“The weight is on our shoulders for sure. You definitely feel that sense of obligation to make the game as best as it can be. That’s the exciting but nerve-racking thing that’s still there,” Escayg said.
Sony possesses a slew of exciting, upcoming games that have yet to receive a release date. Outside of The Lost Legacy, gamers are waiting to hear more on God of War, Days Gone, Dreams and others. E3 2017 will likely be a great location for more news to surface regarding these titles. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Uncharted.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017