The gaming industry has yet to truly see how Project Scorpio will push a game’s visuals and performance forward. However, developers are gradually peeling back the veil on what games will be launching for the system. The first major third party title we know of is WBIE’s Middle-earth: Shadow of War.
The upcoming open-world, RPG will be featuring a massive world with complex systems like the Nemesis System. Project Scorpio’s influence will likely be that it not only enables beautiful visuals, but empowers complex game systems.
Visuals seen in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor were certainly beautiful. However, when you compare it with what we will see from Shadow of War, they’ll likely pale in comparison. Monolith Productions technical art director Matt Allen spoke about all of the upgrades they’ve been able to make to Shadow of War‘s game engine, thanks to Project Scorpio.
“We have a new renderer that we did, a new facial animation system, a new core animation system. We really picked a lot of things and started to go crazy. It’s basically a full upgrade of the engine. The last game we really just focused on the game, but this one we knew what we were doing from a game standpoint, and then the engine guys were like, ‘Alright, can we show off a bit?” Allen told TechRadar.
Gameplay footage of Shadow of War was released recently and the world looks incredible. Not only are the game’s visuals looking impressive, but so is its intricate Nemesis System. Gamers will gradually see how the system is deeper than the one in Shadow of Mordor, but we’ll learn more as launch approaches.
Microsoft is confirming that Shadow of Mordor will be one of Project Scorpio’s key games. Marketing for the system will be paired with the upcoming title, and Microsoft likely has other third party games lined up as well. A game I believe will also be a part of Project Scorpio’s marketing push is the next Assassin’s Creed. We’ll see how things shake out this fall.
Middle-earth Shadow of War will launch this coming Aug. 22. The game will be available on PS4, PS4 Pro, Project Scorpio, Xbox One, Windows 10 and PC. Project Scorpio will release this coming fall, though we do not know exactly when. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Shadow of Mordor.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017