Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) and developer Monolith Productions will release the next installment in the Middle-earth series this coming August. The next iteration is Middle-earth: Shadow of War and will arrive this coming Aug. 22 for Project Scorpio, PS4 Pro, PS4, Xbox One, Windows 10 and PC.
The original announcement of the game saw an exciting trailer set the scene for Shadow of War‘s events. WBIE and Monolith are now ready to show off actual gameplay of the new open-world. I’ll stop the chit-chat so you can enjoy the brand-new gameplay walkthrough below.
The Nemesis System is a feature that Shadow of Mordor introduced. It ended up being one of the most innovative things gaming saw during the year 2014. Monolith Productions knows how effective of a feature the Nemesis System is, and it is back in Shadow of War.
This new gameplay video shows some of the ways that the Nemesis System is deeper than before. Thanks to a fully-fledged RPG structure, gamers will need to level up their character and army in order to take on some of Middle-earth‘s toughest foes. Nemesis Fortresses will ask gamers to “utilize different strategies” in order to take down enemy strongholds.
Gamers will play as the Bright Lord (Talion and Celebrimbor). In the clip above, gamers perform a fortress assault on Seregost and try to take out its Overlords. The new ring of power can be used to recruit followers, as they will be essential to overall success. The new ring will provide gamers with “entirely new stories of loyalty, betrayal and revenge” as they play through Shadow of War.
It will be nearly three years since Shadow of Mordor made its original debut. The title claimed numerous Game of the Year awards in 2014, and Shadow of War looks to capture the same type of success. WBIE’s Middle-earth: Shadow of War will be available on PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Project Scorpio, Windows 10 and PC this Aug. 22. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Shadow of War.
- Assassin’s Creed Empire Will Be A Project Scorpio Showcase Title - March 29, 2017
- PS4 Pro And Project Scorpio Can’t Fix Cross-Gen Development Problem, Says Dev - March 28, 2017
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Safe Houses Detailed By CI Games - March 28, 2017
- New RPG Outward Exclusive: A Bit of Borderlands And Fallout With Some Local Co-Op - March 28, 2017
- Review: Rock N Roll Tequila – A Trio of Tantalizing Tequilas - March 27, 2017
- Celebrate St. Patty’s Day With Tasty Recipes From Maker’s Mark and Tres Agaves - March 17, 2017
- CD Projekt RED Expects Cyberpunk 2077 To Outsell The Witcher 3 - March 16, 2017
- Review: Styx: Shards of Darkness – Goblin Be Stealthy - March 16, 2017
- Nex Machina No Longer PS4 Exclusive, Launches On PC This Summer - March 14, 2017
- Mass Effect Andromeda Launches In A Week And Its Launch Trailer Is Epic - March 13, 2017