Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) and developer Monolith Productions will release the next installment in the Middle-earth series this coming August. The next iteration is Middle-earth: Shadow of War and will arrive this coming Aug. 22 for Project Scorpio, PS4 Pro, PS4, Xbox One, Windows 10 and PC.
The original announcement of the game saw an exciting trailer set the scene for Shadow of War‘s events. WBIE and Monolith are now ready to show off actual gameplay of the new open-world. I’ll stop the chit-chat so you can enjoy the brand-new gameplay walkthrough below.
The Nemesis System is a feature that Shadow of Mordor introduced. It ended up being one of the most innovative things gaming saw during the year 2014. Monolith Productions knows how effective of a feature the Nemesis System is, and it is back in Shadow of War.
This new gameplay video shows some of the ways that the Nemesis System is deeper than before. Thanks to a fully-fledged RPG structure, gamers will need to level up their character and army in order to take on some of Middle-earth‘s toughest foes. Nemesis Fortresses will ask gamers to “utilize different strategies” in order to take down enemy strongholds.
Gamers will play as the Bright Lord (Talion and Celebrimbor). In the clip above, gamers perform a fortress assault on Seregost and try to take out its Overlords. The new ring of power can be used to recruit followers, as they will be essential to overall success. The new ring will provide gamers with “entirely new stories of loyalty, betrayal and revenge” as they play through Shadow of War.
It will be nearly three years since Shadow of Mordor made its original debut. The title claimed numerous Game of the Year awards in 2014, and Shadow of War looks to capture the same type of success. WBIE’s Middle-earth: Shadow of War will be available on PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Project Scorpio, Windows 10 and PC this Aug. 22. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Shadow of War.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017