Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) and developer Monolith Productions will release the next installment in the Middle-earth series this coming August. The next iteration is Middle-earth: Shadow of War and will arrive this coming Aug. 22 for Project Scorpio, PS4 Pro, PS4, Xbox One, Windows 10 and PC.
The original announcement of the game saw an exciting trailer set the scene for Shadow of War‘s events. WBIE and Monolith are now ready to show off actual gameplay of the new open-world. I’ll stop the chit-chat so you can enjoy the brand-new gameplay walkthrough below.
The Nemesis System is a feature that Shadow of Mordor introduced. It ended up being one of the most innovative things gaming saw during the year 2014. Monolith Productions knows how effective of a feature the Nemesis System is, and it is back in Shadow of War.
This new gameplay video shows some of the ways that the Nemesis System is deeper than before. Thanks to a fully-fledged RPG structure, gamers will need to level up their character and army in order to take on some of Middle-earth‘s toughest foes. Nemesis Fortresses will ask gamers to “utilize different strategies” in order to take down enemy strongholds.
Gamers will play as the Bright Lord (Talion and Celebrimbor). In the clip above, gamers perform a fortress assault on Seregost and try to take out its Overlords. The new ring of power can be used to recruit followers, as they will be essential to overall success. The new ring will provide gamers with “entirely new stories of loyalty, betrayal and revenge” as they play through Shadow of War.
It will be nearly three years since Shadow of Mordor made its original debut. The title claimed numerous Game of the Year awards in 2014, and Shadow of War looks to capture the same type of success. WBIE’s Middle-earth: Shadow of War will be available on PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Project Scorpio, Windows 10 and PC this Aug. 22. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Shadow of War.
- Contrary To Speculation Far Cry 5 Is Nothing Like Red Dead Redemption - May 26, 2017
- New Far Cry 5 Character Vignettes Released By Ubisoft - May 26, 2017
- The Order: 1886 Dev Calls Project Scorpio ‘Pretty Cool’, Interested In Switch - May 26, 2017
- Ubisoft Reveals Far Cry 5, Launching Early Next Year - May 26, 2017
- Xbox Announces Rebranded Interactive Livestreaming Service Mixer - May 25, 2017
- Hear Ken Jeong’s Hilarious Banter In Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - May 25, 2017
- What Is Project Scorpio’s Max Price That Won’t Alienate Gamers? - May 25, 2017
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Dev Excited About PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Possibilities - May 25, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Rivalries Will Be ‘Meaningfully Different’ - May 25, 2017
- New Live Campaigns Feature Detailed For Xbox One Exclusive Sea of Thieves - May 25, 2017