This past fall, Activision released the highly anticipated shooter, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. The game took the series into space, a setting never before seen in the franchise’s history. While Infinite Warfare was the main release for the brand, it wasn’t the only Call of Duty released in 2016.
Activision also released a reimagining of the 2007 shooter, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. The game gave players a chance to experience the hallowed title in a fully remastered, HD presentation. Everything from the campaign to the game’s multiplayer experience has been restored and revamped.
Since both games made their debut in 2016, Activision has been working on releasing new DLC for both titles. First up was the new “Sabotage” DLC for Infinite Warfare and that is available now across PS4, Xbox One and PC. Now it is Modern Warfare Remastered‘s turn for some new content.
Activision is confirming Modern Warfare Remastered will receive four multiplayer maps this coming March 21. The content will be available first on PS4. Xbox One and PC gamers will gain access to the content sometime in the near future. These four maps include Broadcast, Chinatown, Creek and Killhouse. Activision provided some background info on each of the four maps.
- Broadcast: Based on the TV station from the campaign mission “Charlie Don’t Surf”, this map provides a unique blend of confined corridors and wide-open spaces. Outside the station, the parking lot contains long sightlines, but once inside, cramped hallways and a computer-cluttered broadcast room provide ample close-range combat opportunities.
- Chinatown: Set in a foggy downtown district, this nighttime map is lit up by flickering neon signs and a full moon. A re-imagining of the originalCall of Duty multiplayer map “Carentan”, players will need to be careful on these streets, as almost every building in the map can be occupied, providing perfect cover for enemies waiting for a chance to line you up in their sights.
- Creek: Set in a wide-open village ravaged by combat where concealment is the difference between life and death, a gaping ravine divides this map into two. Open clearings with sheer cliff faces and ample forested cover make this map ideal for snipers and long-range firefights.
- Killhouse: A small training warehouse filled with various building mock ups that feature soft and hard cover points. Expect fast-paced and fierce firefights for maximum close-quarters chaos.
Activision will release the four maps this coming March 21, first on PS4. The publisher is also awarding players with 10 rare supply drops. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is available now on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for much more on Call of Duty.
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a Breakout Switch Exclusive - August 28, 2017