Entertainment these days utilizes iteration as a major point of emphasis for franchise development and evolution. Whether you are talking about a movie franchise or video game series, being able to create multiple installments seems to be at the heart of decision makers’ minds.
For Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studio, exploring new avenues for creation is key. Mortal Kombat X is one of the developer’s most successful games and won the hearts of gamers. They are in the process of bringing out a sequel to the 2013 fight game, Injustice: Gods Among Us.
NetherRealm wants to be able to diversify and push the series forward in a meaningful way. WBIE’s Injustice 2 will feature a number of new faces that were not in the first Injustice. With what is happening in the DC Extended Universe, NetherRealm’s Brian Goodman spoke about the ways the film series is inspires what the studio is doing with Injustice 2.
“Inspiration and everything, it all goes back and forth. What’s interesting about these characters is not only the ebbs and flows of when they’re taking prominence, but there has been so many different permutations throughout the years. We’re really fortunate in that we’re creating an interactive experience with these characters, so we get inspiration from everything that has come before, and take that and do our best to create something original, as well.
“As you mentioned, we announced Harley Quinn and Deadshot around the same timeframe when the movie was coming out. Those are just great opportunities that are presented to us because we’re working with DC, we’re part of Warner Bros. so, those opportunities we just try and jump on when they’re presented to us,” Goodman told HardcoreGamer.
Bringing in new characters like Harley Quinn and Deadshot creates a new flavor for Injustice 2. They will add new variety to gameplay and features, and will provide greater depth to the personalities in the game. Who knows how else Warner Bros. and NetherRealm want incorporate what is happening on the film side of things? What we do know is Haley and Deadshot will be exciting additions to Injustice 2.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is going to have an interesting 2017. So far, we know the publisher will launch Injustice 2 this May 16. Additionally, they will launch Middle-earth: Shadow of War on Aug. 22. Both games will arrive on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Injustice 2.
- Review: Rock N Roll Tequila – A Trio of Tantalizing Tequilas - March 27, 2017
- Celebrate St. Patty’s Day With Tasty Recipes From Maker’s Mark and Tres Agaves - March 17, 2017
- CD Projekt RED Expects Cyberpunk 2077 To Outsell The Witcher 3 - March 16, 2017
- Review: Styx: Shards of Darkness – Goblin Be Stealthy - March 16, 2017
- Nex Machina No Longer PS4 Exclusive, Launches On PC This Summer - March 14, 2017
- Mass Effect Andromeda Launches In A Week And Its Launch Trailer Is Epic - March 13, 2017
- State of Decay 2’s Development Team Four Times Larger Than Original Game - March 13, 2017
- Xbox Exclusive State of Decay 2 To Receive Project Scorpio News At E3 2017 - March 12, 2017
- PS4 Exclusive Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Is Starting To Come Together, Says Naughty Dog - March 12, 2017
- Ubisoft Announces Season Two DLC Content For The Division Will Be Free - March 11, 2017