Entertainment these days utilizes iteration as a major point of emphasis for franchise development and evolution. Whether you are talking about a movie franchise or video game series, being able to create multiple installments seems to be at the heart of decision makers’ minds.
For Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studio, exploring new avenues for creation is key. Mortal Kombat X is one of the developer’s most successful games and won the hearts of gamers. They are in the process of bringing out a sequel to the 2013 fight game, Injustice: Gods Among Us.
NetherRealm wants to be able to diversify and push the series forward in a meaningful way. WBIE’s Injustice 2 will feature a number of new faces that were not in the first Injustice. With what is happening in the DC Extended Universe, NetherRealm’s Brian Goodman spoke about the ways the film series is inspires what the studio is doing with Injustice 2.
“Inspiration and everything, it all goes back and forth. What’s interesting about these characters is not only the ebbs and flows of when they’re taking prominence, but there has been so many different permutations throughout the years. We’re really fortunate in that we’re creating an interactive experience with these characters, so we get inspiration from everything that has come before, and take that and do our best to create something original, as well.
“As you mentioned, we announced Harley Quinn and Deadshot around the same timeframe when the movie was coming out. Those are just great opportunities that are presented to us because we’re working with DC, we’re part of Warner Bros. so, those opportunities we just try and jump on when they’re presented to us,” Goodman told HardcoreGamer.
Bringing in new characters like Harley Quinn and Deadshot creates a new flavor for Injustice 2. They will add new variety to gameplay and features, and will provide greater depth to the personalities in the game. Who knows how else Warner Bros. and NetherRealm want incorporate what is happening on the film side of things? What we do know is Haley and Deadshot will be exciting additions to Injustice 2.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is going to have an interesting 2017. So far, we know the publisher will launch Injustice 2 this May 16. Additionally, they will launch Middle-earth: Shadow of War on Aug. 22. Both games will arrive on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Injustice 2.
- PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Development Process Made Seamless By Microsoft & Sony, Says Mulaka Dev - April 24, 2017
- Activision Confirms Call of Duty: WWII, Livestream Coming Wednesday - April 22, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s Nemesis System Is ‘Expanded In Every Way’ - April 22, 2017
- Star Wars Battlefront II’s Story Now An Established Part Of The Franchise - April 22, 2017
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey Receives Exciting New Trailer - April 21, 2017
- Ubisoft Cuts The Ribbon On New Bordeaux & Berlin Development Studios - April 20, 2017
- Remedy Recounts Microsoft’s Request To Remove ‘Explicit Nudity’ Texture From Quantum Break - April 20, 2017
- Dev On Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel: ‘More Machines’ & Respecting The Emotional Connection - April 19, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Will Feature The Nazgul As Enemy Bosses - April 19, 2017
- Mulaka Is Coming To PS4 & Xbox One This Year, And It Looks Awesome - April 18, 2017