Entertainment these days utilizes iteration as a major point of emphasis for franchise development and evolution. Whether you are talking about a movie franchise or video game series, being able to create multiple installments seems to be at the heart of decision makers’ minds.
For Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studio, exploring new avenues for creation is key. Mortal Kombat X is one of the developer’s most successful games and won the hearts of gamers. They are in the process of bringing out a sequel to the 2013 fight game, Injustice: Gods Among Us.
NetherRealm wants to be able to diversify and push the series forward in a meaningful way. WBIE’s Injustice 2 will feature a number of new faces that were not in the first Injustice. With what is happening in the DC Extended Universe, NetherRealm’s Brian Goodman spoke about the ways the film series is inspires what the studio is doing with Injustice 2.
“Inspiration and everything, it all goes back and forth. What’s interesting about these characters is not only the ebbs and flows of when they’re taking prominence, but there has been so many different permutations throughout the years. We’re really fortunate in that we’re creating an interactive experience with these characters, so we get inspiration from everything that has come before, and take that and do our best to create something original, as well.
“As you mentioned, we announced Harley Quinn and Deadshot around the same timeframe when the movie was coming out. Those are just great opportunities that are presented to us because we’re working with DC, we’re part of Warner Bros. so, those opportunities we just try and jump on when they’re presented to us,” Goodman told HardcoreGamer.
Bringing in new characters like Harley Quinn and Deadshot creates a new flavor for Injustice 2. They will add new variety to gameplay and features, and will provide greater depth to the personalities in the game. Who knows how else Warner Bros. and NetherRealm want incorporate what is happening on the film side of things? What we do know is Haley and Deadshot will be exciting additions to Injustice 2.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is going to have an interesting 2017. So far, we know the publisher will launch Injustice 2 this May 16. Additionally, they will launch Middle-earth: Shadow of War on Aug. 22. Both games will arrive on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Injustice 2.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Is The Best Looking Game On Xbox One X - June 22, 2017
- Far Cry 5’s American Debut Comes At Exactly The Right Time - June 22, 2017
- Review: Sam Adams Summer Seasonal Beers – Part II - June 22, 2017
- Review: George Remus Straight Bourbon Whiskey – A Whiskey Lover’s Delight - June 21, 2017
- Xbox One Executive Calls $499 Xbox One X Price ‘An Incredible Value’ - June 20, 2017
- PS4 Boss Teases Exclusives Launching During First Half 2018 - June 19, 2017
- Destiny 2 Plays, Looks & Runs Amazing On PC - June 19, 2017
- Perception Grants A New Lens For Experiencing Terror & Adventure - June 16, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII Delivers What Gamers Wanted In A Massive Way - June 16, 2017
- PS4 Exclusive Days Gone Gives Players Alternate Paths To Success - June 15, 2017