What do gamers want more of? Single-player experiences or games they can play with and alongside their friends? This is a debate and a discussion that has been a major part of this generation. Truthfully, the answer is subjective to the person as well as the game.
Regardless though, in what seems to be an everlasting debate among some gaming circles, co-op seems to have won a round thanks to the recent Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta. Ubisoft recently ran its open beta for the open-world game and its results are interesting.
The publisher reckoned that 60 percent of gamers played the game in co-op. I would infer this to mean that the rest of the 40 percent experienced the game in single-player, though this was not explicitly stated. Ubisoft announced that over 2 billion minutes of gameplay were netted during the Feb. 23 through Feb. 27 test.
Additionally, over 6.8 million players dove into the Wildlands. This marks the biggest beta Ubisoft has ever had, and could bode well for the overall performance of the title. Ubisoft will be rewarding those who participated in the closed or open betas with bonus content.
Those who decide to pick up the game will receive the Unidad Conspiracy reward. This is a set of three exclusive missions and players can find them in the Media Luna region. There, gamers will encounter a Unidad stronghold. So long as you play the game by March 31 using the same Ubisoft account that the played the beta under, you’ll earn the Unidad Conspiracy reward.
Clear sometime off from work next week because Wildlands is here. Ghost Recon Wildlands will launch this coming Tuesday, March 7 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for much more on Ghost Recon Wildlands.
- Sniper Elite 4 Unleashes New Deathstorm Chapter Today - April 25, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII Is Coming This Year, But What About Advanced Warfare 2? - April 25, 2017
- PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Development Process Made Seamless By Microsoft & Sony, Says Mulaka Dev - April 24, 2017
- Activision Confirms Call of Duty: WWII, Livestream Coming Wednesday - April 22, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s Nemesis System Is ‘Expanded In Every Way’ - April 22, 2017
- Star Wars Battlefront II’s Story Now An Established Part Of The Franchise - April 22, 2017
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey Receives Exciting New Trailer - April 21, 2017
- Ubisoft Cuts The Ribbon On New Bordeaux & Berlin Development Studios - April 20, 2017
- Remedy Recounts Microsoft’s Request To Remove ‘Explicit Nudity’ Texture From Quantum Break - April 20, 2017
- Dev On Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel: ‘More Machines’ & Respecting The Emotional Connection - April 19, 2017