What do gamers want more of? Single-player experiences or games they can play with and alongside their friends? This is a debate and a discussion that has been a major part of this generation. Truthfully, the answer is subjective to the person as well as the game.
Regardless though, in what seems to be an everlasting debate among some gaming circles, co-op seems to have won a round thanks to the recent Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta. Ubisoft recently ran its open beta for the open-world game and its results are interesting.
The publisher reckoned that 60 percent of gamers played the game in co-op. I would infer this to mean that the rest of the 40 percent experienced the game in single-player, though this was not explicitly stated. Ubisoft announced that over 2 billion minutes of gameplay were netted during the Feb. 23 through Feb. 27 test.
Additionally, over 6.8 million players dove into the Wildlands. This marks the biggest beta Ubisoft has ever had, and could bode well for the overall performance of the title. Ubisoft will be rewarding those who participated in the closed or open betas with bonus content.
Those who decide to pick up the game will receive the Unidad Conspiracy reward. This is a set of three exclusive missions and players can find them in the Media Luna region. There, gamers will encounter a Unidad stronghold. So long as you play the game by March 31 using the same Ubisoft account that the played the beta under, you’ll earn the Unidad Conspiracy reward.
Clear sometime off from work next week because Wildlands is here. Ghost Recon Wildlands will launch this coming Tuesday, March 7 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for much more on Ghost Recon Wildlands.
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a Breakout Switch Exclusive - August 28, 2017