What do gamers want more of? Single-player experiences or games they can play with and alongside their friends? This is a debate and a discussion that has been a major part of this generation. Truthfully, the answer is subjective to the person as well as the game.
Regardless though, in what seems to be an everlasting debate among some gaming circles, co-op seems to have won a round thanks to the recent Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta. Ubisoft recently ran its open beta for the open-world game and its results are interesting.
The publisher reckoned that 60 percent of gamers played the game in co-op. I would infer this to mean that the rest of the 40 percent experienced the game in single-player, though this was not explicitly stated. Ubisoft announced that over 2 billion minutes of gameplay were netted during the Feb. 23 through Feb. 27 test.
Additionally, over 6.8 million players dove into the Wildlands. This marks the biggest beta Ubisoft has ever had, and could bode well for the overall performance of the title. Ubisoft will be rewarding those who participated in the closed or open betas with bonus content.
Those who decide to pick up the game will receive the Unidad Conspiracy reward. This is a set of three exclusive missions and players can find them in the Media Luna region. There, gamers will encounter a Unidad stronghold. So long as you play the game by March 31 using the same Ubisoft account that the played the beta under, you’ll earn the Unidad Conspiracy reward.
Clear sometime off from work next week because Wildlands is here. Ghost Recon Wildlands will launch this coming Tuesday, March 7 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for much more on Ghost Recon Wildlands.
- Nintendo Switch Will Receive Overcooked: Special Edition - July 24, 2017
- Linkin Park Releases Heartfelt Letter to the Late Chester Bennington - July 24, 2017
- Microsoft Reveals $279 Xbox One S Madden 18 Bundle - July 24, 2017
- LawBreakers Exclusive: Not Just Another Shooter, but a Fast, Frantic Symphony - July 24, 2017
- Review: Suerte Reposado – A Perfect Fit for National Tequila Day - July 24, 2017
- Take-Two Teases ‘Huge Title’ From 2K Possibly Coming in 2018 - July 24, 2017
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Not on the Same Level as GTA 5, Says Take-Two - July 23, 2017
- Boss Key Productions Talks Bringing LawBreakers To PS4 Pro & PS4 - July 23, 2017
- Are Modern Day TVs Why PS4 Pro & Xbox One X Games Won’t Run Over 60 FPS? - July 22, 2017
- Lead Designer Considers Odds of LawBreakers Becoming an eSport - July 22, 2017