What do gamers want more of? Single-player experiences or games they can play with and alongside their friends? This is a debate and a discussion that has been a major part of this generation. Truthfully, the answer is subjective to the person as well as the game.
Regardless though, in what seems to be an everlasting debate among some gaming circles, co-op seems to have won a round thanks to the recent Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta. Ubisoft recently ran its open beta for the open-world game and its results are interesting.
The publisher reckoned that 60 percent of gamers played the game in co-op. I would infer this to mean that the rest of the 40 percent experienced the game in single-player, though this was not explicitly stated. Ubisoft announced that over 2 billion minutes of gameplay were netted during the Feb. 23 through Feb. 27 test.
Additionally, over 6.8 million players dove into the Wildlands. This marks the biggest beta Ubisoft has ever had, and could bode well for the overall performance of the title. Ubisoft will be rewarding those who participated in the closed or open betas with bonus content.
Those who decide to pick up the game will receive the Unidad Conspiracy reward. This is a set of three exclusive missions and players can find them in the Media Luna region. There, gamers will encounter a Unidad stronghold. So long as you play the game by March 31 using the same Ubisoft account that the played the beta under, you’ll earn the Unidad Conspiracy reward.
Clear sometime off from work next week because Wildlands is here. Ghost Recon Wildlands will launch this coming Tuesday, March 7 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for much more on Ghost Recon Wildlands.
- Review: Rock N Roll Tequila – A Trio of Tantalizing Tequilas - March 27, 2017
- Celebrate St. Patty’s Day With Tasty Recipes From Maker’s Mark and Tres Agaves - March 17, 2017
- CD Projekt RED Expects Cyberpunk 2077 To Outsell The Witcher 3 - March 16, 2017
- Review: Styx: Shards of Darkness – Goblin Be Stealthy - March 16, 2017
- Nex Machina No Longer PS4 Exclusive, Launches On PC This Summer - March 14, 2017
- Mass Effect Andromeda Launches In A Week And Its Launch Trailer Is Epic - March 13, 2017
- State of Decay 2’s Development Team Four Times Larger Than Original Game - March 13, 2017
- Xbox Exclusive State of Decay 2 To Receive Project Scorpio News At E3 2017 - March 12, 2017
- PS4 Exclusive Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Is Starting To Come Together, Says Naughty Dog - March 12, 2017
- Ubisoft Announces Season Two DLC Content For The Division Will Be Free - March 11, 2017