What do gamers want more of? Single-player experiences or games they can play with and alongside their friends? This is a debate and a discussion that has been a major part of this generation. Truthfully, the answer is subjective to the person as well as the game.
Regardless though, in what seems to be an everlasting debate among some gaming circles, co-op seems to have won a round thanks to the recent Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta. Ubisoft recently ran its open beta for the open-world game and its results are interesting.
The publisher reckoned that 60 percent of gamers played the game in co-op. I would infer this to mean that the rest of the 40 percent experienced the game in single-player, though this was not explicitly stated. Ubisoft announced that over 2 billion minutes of gameplay were netted during the Feb. 23 through Feb. 27 test.
Additionally, over 6.8 million players dove into the Wildlands. This marks the biggest beta Ubisoft has ever had, and could bode well for the overall performance of the title. Ubisoft will be rewarding those who participated in the closed or open betas with bonus content.
Those who decide to pick up the game will receive the Unidad Conspiracy reward. This is a set of three exclusive missions and players can find them in the Media Luna region. There, gamers will encounter a Unidad stronghold. So long as you play the game by March 31 using the same Ubisoft account that the played the beta under, you’ll earn the Unidad Conspiracy reward.
Clear sometime off from work next week because Wildlands is here. Ghost Recon Wildlands will launch this coming Tuesday, March 7 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for much more on Ghost Recon Wildlands.
- Contrary To Speculation Far Cry 5 Is Nothing Like Red Dead Redemption - May 26, 2017
- New Far Cry 5 Character Vignettes Released By Ubisoft - May 26, 2017
- The Order: 1886 Dev Calls Project Scorpio ‘Pretty Cool’, Interested In Switch - May 26, 2017
- Ubisoft Reveals Far Cry 5, Launching Early Next Year - May 26, 2017
- Xbox Announces Rebranded Interactive Livestreaming Service Mixer - May 25, 2017
- Hear Ken Jeong’s Hilarious Banter In Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - May 25, 2017
- What Is Project Scorpio’s Max Price That Won’t Alienate Gamers? - May 25, 2017
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Dev Excited About PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Possibilities - May 25, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Rivalries Will Be ‘Meaningfully Different’ - May 25, 2017
- New Live Campaigns Feature Detailed For Xbox One Exclusive Sea of Thieves - May 25, 2017