Bethesda Softworks is getting ready to release their new vision of the Prey franchise. This new installment will come from Arkane Studios, the developer behind the Dishonored series. With just over two months left before Prey becomes available, Bethesda is ramping up the hype.
A new gameplay video is available for viewing below, and it showcases some of the action in Prey. Bethesda is calling the clip “Mimic Madness,” which showcases some of the ways gamers can use the Mimic’s power against the invading alien force that has taken over Talos I.
In Prey, gamers wake up to learn they’re a subject of an experiment. This particular experiment is setup to change the human race forever, but things are not running quite right. The aforementioned alien force has taken over Talos I and gamers “must stop the Typhon threat.”
Players assume the role of Morgan Yu and will take up arms found on the station. His mind-bending abilities will be key in turning a hopeless situation into a hopeful one. Bethesda highlights the Mimic Matter power, which enables gamers to take the form of “any appropriately sized object.” This can range from a coffee mug to a security turret. As you level up, you will have a greater number of objects to mimic.
This will be the second major release for Arkane Studios in less than a year. Dishonored 2 made its debut this past November and was one of the year’s best releases. Arkane is looking to capture the same magic when Prey releases this coming May 5. The game will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Bethesda Softworks will hold its annual E3 press briefing on Sunday, June 11. We’ll expect to hear more surrounding Quake Champions and other upcoming games then. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Prey.
- Ubisoft Releases Update 1.7 for Tom Clancy’s The Division - August 17, 2017
- Stunning Indie Game Light Fall Drops March 2018 on PS4, Xbox One & PC - August 17, 2017
- Activision Reveals Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta Dates - August 16, 2017
- WBIE Releases New Shadow of War Tribes Trailer - August 16, 2017
- Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates Releases October on Steam - August 16, 2017
- Dev Announces Raid: World War II’s September PC Release Date - August 16, 2017
- We Happy Few Forgoing Console Exclusivity is a Win for Gamers - August 16, 2017
- God Told Far Cry 5’s Villain The End of The World is Coming - August 15, 2017
- Xbox Acknowledges Xbox One X Pre-Order Frustration, Talks YouTube Streaming - August 15, 2017
- Meet Volition’s New Masterpiece: Agents of Mayhem - August 15, 2017