Bethesda Softworks is getting ready to release their new vision of the Prey franchise. This new installment will come from Arkane Studios, the developer behind the Dishonored series. With just over two months left before Prey becomes available, Bethesda is ramping up the hype.
A new gameplay video is available for viewing below, and it showcases some of the action in Prey. Bethesda is calling the clip “Mimic Madness,” which showcases some of the ways gamers can use the Mimic’s power against the invading alien force that has taken over Talos I.
In Prey, gamers wake up to learn they’re a subject of an experiment. This particular experiment is setup to change the human race forever, but things are not running quite right. The aforementioned alien force has taken over Talos I and gamers “must stop the Typhon threat.”
Players assume the role of Morgan Yu and will take up arms found on the station. His mind-bending abilities will be key in turning a hopeless situation into a hopeful one. Bethesda highlights the Mimic Matter power, which enables gamers to take the form of “any appropriately sized object.” This can range from a coffee mug to a security turret. As you level up, you will have a greater number of objects to mimic.
This will be the second major release for Arkane Studios in less than a year. Dishonored 2 made its debut this past November and was one of the year’s best releases. Arkane is looking to capture the same magic when Prey releases this coming May 5. The game will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Bethesda Softworks will hold its annual E3 press briefing on Sunday, June 11. We’ll expect to hear more surrounding Quake Champions and other upcoming games then. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Prey.
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle = A Reason To Buy A Switch - June 28, 2017
- New Dynasty Warriors 9 Trailer Showcases Open-World Combat - June 27, 2017
- Modern Warfare Remastered Standalone Releases Today For PS4, TBA For Xbox One & PC - June 27, 2017
- Say Goodbye To $80, Super NES Classic Edition Launches Sept. 29 - June 27, 2017
- Nex Machina Is Housemarque’s Latest Masterpiece - June 27, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Is The Best Looking Game On Xbox One X - June 22, 2017
- Far Cry 5’s American Debut Comes At Exactly The Right Time - June 22, 2017
- Review: Sam Adams Summer Seasonal Beers – Part II - June 22, 2017
- Review: George Remus Straight Bourbon Whiskey – A Whiskey Lover’s Delight - June 21, 2017
- Xbox One Executive Calls $499 Xbox One X Price ‘An Incredible Value’ - June 20, 2017