Live-action videos are quite common these days and Ubisoft tends to lead the pack with their unique content. They are getting ready to launch Ghost Recon Wildlands next month, and to get folks ready, they have a new live-action video to show off.
This particular video, known as War Within the Cartel, is not your usual live-action two-minute trailer. It’ll take viewers through a full narrative sequence. If you are wanting to check out the live-action video, you can do so now through Ubisoft’s Twitch channel. Wil Wheaton and Julia Hardy will host the event.
Once the video runs its course, Wil and Julia will speak with those who helped bring War Within the Cartel to life. These people will include Avi Youabian, Sam Strachman and Jonathan Gingras. Those who aren’t aware of the background of War Within the Cartel, Ubisoft has you covered.
“War Within the Cartel is promotional, live-action content produced by Legion of Creatives, which takes viewers inside the inner workings of the Santa Blanca drug cartel, controlled by the revered yet ruthless leader, El Sueño.
“The action-packed story, featuring Grammy winner, entrepreneur, actor and hip hop legend, Tip ‘T.I.’ Harris playing the role of Marcus, one of the members of the Santa Blanca cartel, culminates in the events leading up to the beginning of the Ghost Recon Wildlands game, as an elite Special Forces unit, the Ghosts, is called in to dismantle the cartel,” Ubisoft wrote.
Separately, gamers who didn’t get a chance to enjoy the closed beta that happened recently for Wildlands will be pleased to know a new opportunity is coming soon. Ubisoft is confirming Ghost Recon Wildlands will receive an open beta starting Feb. 23. The test will run from then until Feb. 27.
The open beta will happen across PS4, Xbox One and PC. Playable content will include what was in the closed beta, as well as a new province known as Montuyoc. Gamers who participate in either of the two betas will receive an excellent bonus.
Ubisoft is giving gamers the “‘Unidad Conspiracy’ reward, which includes three exclusive missions that features a brewing conflict between the local Unidad military and the Santa Blanca.” Ubisoft also has a new trailer for Wildlands you can check out. The video is a new TV spot and you can see it below.
If you’re looking for more information on the open beta, such as PC requirements, check out the UbiBlog. We’ll be running exclusive coverage of Ghost Recon Wildlands in the days ahead, so stay tuned for that. Our For Honor review will be up shortly as well. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Ghost Recon Wildlands.
- Xbox Exclusive State of Decay 2 Will Feature Dynamic Narrative - February 19, 2017
- Review: For Honor – A Multiplayer Marvel - February 19, 2017
- Watch War Within the Cartel Live-Action Now, Plus Play Ghost Recon Wildlands For Free - February 16, 2017
- Video Games Generated Over $30 Billion In 2016 - February 15, 2017
- Review: Sniper Elite 4 – Bullseye - February 13, 2017
- Happy Friday! Dispatch And Milky Chance Have Released New Music - February 10, 2017
- Twisting Up Traditional Cocktail Formulas With Herradura Tequila - February 9, 2017
- For Honor’s Season Pass Has Early Access Benefits In Store For Gamers - February 7, 2017
- Ubisoft Releases New Trailer For Ghost Recon Wildlands Live Action Video, War Within the Cartel - February 7, 2017
- Review: Resident Evil VII – Slowing Down The Pace, Speeding Up The Heart Rate - February 7, 2017