Just under a decade ago, Upslope Brewing launched its first brew simply known as Upslope Pale Ale. The beer has since been one of the brewery’s flagship offerings. Over the last eight years, Upslope is a company that has seen significant growth, and Upslope Pale Ale is a reason why.
While the beer possesses quite the tenure with Upslope, it seems as though that is about to end. Upslope Brewing confirms Upslope Pale Ale will officially be replaced with a new pale ale, Upslope Citra Pale Ale. This will happen on Feb. 1, 2017 and marks a momentous day for Upslope.
The new Citra Pale Ale will be available as a year round selection for beer drinkers. Like Upslope Pale Ale, Citra will be available in six-pack and 12-pack can cases. The new beer will also be available in the brewery’s mix 12-pack and on draft.
As you can see in the photo below, Citra Pale Ale features a new can. However, the new can certainly contains shades of Upslope Pale Ale’s can, given the similar colors of both. Citra is a hop that is in the middle of a massive popularity streak across craft brewing. As a result, it isn’t shocking to see Upslope make the change, although seeing Citra in a pale ale is a bit different.
Particularly with warmer months ahead on the horizon, Citra Pale Ale will fit even more perfectly with the spring and summer. Upslope Brewing founder Matt Cutter spoke about the news of Citra Pale Ale coming onto the market.
“The decision to retire the one that started it all and introduce a new style to our lineup in its place comes from our dedication to experimentation and creativity. This beer represents our best foot forward and the spirit of what happens when we continue to hone our craft, keep our sights on the future and listen to what our fans want,” Cutter said.
Getting to the nitty gritty of what makes this beer unique. Citra Pale Ale is an American style pale ale and it heavily sports the Citra hops. The grapefruit and tropical notes found in the hop are found in the nose, while the beer is said to contain a semi-dry finish. A subtle malt helps deliver balance to the hoppy palate. Citra Pale Ale will arrive with a 5.8 percent alcohol by volume (ABV), just like Upslope Pale Ale.
Citra Pale Ale will make its official debut on Feb. 1, 2017, while Upslope Pale will take its final bow. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on craft beer.
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a Breakout Switch Exclusive - August 28, 2017