Ubisoft Motion Pictures made its debut this past December when Assassin’s Creed hit theaters. The group is planning more installments in the series, however, some news has surfaced regarding a different film the company is working on.
Ubisoft has confirmed Stephen Gaghan will serve as the writer and director of The Division film. Folks will remember Gaghan worked on Traffic as well as Syriana. Each of these films are writing and directing efforts as well. Gaghan is about to release his next film, Gold, which arrives a week from today.
Jessica Chastain and Jake Gyllenhaal are also going to be a part of The Division. The upcoming movie of course takes inspiration from Ubisoft’s highly successful game, Tom Clancy’s The Division. Stephen Gaghan gave his thoughts regarding the announcement of his involvement with The Division film.
“I’m excited to work with Ubisoft Motion Pictures and collaborate with their team at Massive Entertainment to bring The Division to the big screen, they’re great guys, exceptionally creative, and willing to take risks. The game has been an enormous success, in large part due to the visual landscape they created, their vision of a mid-apocalyptic Manhattan.
“It’s immersive, wonderfully strange, and yet familiar, filled with possibilities. It’s also remarkable to be able to collaborate with Jessica Chastain and Jake Gyllenhaal early in the process. We all feel the story Ubisoft created is more relevant than ever,” Gaghan wrote.
There is no date for when The Division film will make its debut. It seems to be making greater progress than any other project at the studio right now. There are plans for additional iterations in Assassin’s Creed, but those are undoubtedly a ways off. Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s The Division is available now on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Ubisoft is expected to bring back the Assassin’s Creed game franchise at some point this year as well. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on The Division.
- Contrary To Speculation Far Cry 5 Is Nothing Like Red Dead Redemption - May 26, 2017
- New Far Cry 5 Character Vignettes Released By Ubisoft - May 26, 2017
- The Order: 1886 Dev Calls Project Scorpio ‘Pretty Cool’, Interested In Switch - May 26, 2017
- Ubisoft Reveals Far Cry 5, Launching Early Next Year - May 26, 2017
- Xbox Announces Rebranded Interactive Livestreaming Service Mixer - May 25, 2017
- Hear Ken Jeong’s Hilarious Banter In Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - May 25, 2017
- What Is Project Scorpio’s Max Price That Won’t Alienate Gamers? - May 25, 2017
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Dev Excited About PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Possibilities - May 25, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Rivalries Will Be ‘Meaningfully Different’ - May 25, 2017
- New Live Campaigns Feature Detailed For Xbox One Exclusive Sea of Thieves - May 25, 2017