Local multiplayer is still something many gamers love seeing in titles these days. While it is hard to say local multiplayer is common, it remains an experience prevalent in many games. Today, Yooka-Laylee received a brand-new trailer showcasing its local multiplayer offerings to gamers.
These arcade games will be accessible through Rextro’s Arcade. If you’re someone who might not be partaking in local multiplayer, don’t worry because single-player is still an option. Local multiplayer is available for up to four players across all eight arcade games.
We now know the names is six of the eight games. They include Glaciators, Kartos Karting, Blag the Flag, Gun-let Run, Jobstacle Course and Hurdle Hijinx. Glaciators is a brawler arena where players try to collect the most quills. Kartos Karting is a race to the finish line.
Gamers will battle for the flag in Blag the Flag, while they’ll enjoy a shoot-em-up in Gun-let Run. Jobstacle Course presumably will have players navigate an obstacle course (I’m a genius, I know). Finally, Hurdle Hijinx will have players hop over hurdles set out on a course. The last two I mentioned are utter guesses, but we will find out for sure on April 11.
Gamers who acquire the “special play coins” will enjoy a bonus. These items are in the game’s single-player experience. These will award pagies, which are in the “arcade cabinets within the mysterious book worlds.”
Playtonic Games also provided some insight into Yooka-Laylee‘s local co-op for the main game. A second player will be able to snag quills, collect and store butterflies and prevent some traps from getting the best of the other player. Since you’ll have these butterflies along the way, it is good to know you can use them as a health or energy boost.
The video above contains the new Yooka-Laylee multiplayer footage your heart desires. Playtonic Games’ Yooka-Laylee will launch this coming April 11 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. While nothing has been confirmed, the game is expected to launch on Nintendo Switch at some point. A boxed edition of the PS4 and Xbox One version will be available from certain retailers as well. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Yooka-Laylee.
- Ubisoft Releases Update 1.7 for Tom Clancy’s The Division - August 17, 2017
- Stunning Indie Game Light Fall Drops March 2018 on PS4, Xbox One & PC - August 17, 2017
- Activision Reveals Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta Dates - August 16, 2017
- WBIE Releases New Shadow of War Tribes Trailer - August 16, 2017
- Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates Releases October on Steam - August 16, 2017
- Dev Announces Raid: World War II’s September PC Release Date - August 16, 2017
- We Happy Few Forgoing Console Exclusivity is a Win for Gamers - August 16, 2017
- God Told Far Cry 5’s Villain The End of The World is Coming - August 15, 2017
- Xbox Acknowledges Xbox One X Pre-Order Frustration, Talks YouTube Streaming - August 15, 2017
- Meet Volition’s New Masterpiece: Agents of Mayhem - August 15, 2017