Wired Productions and LKA.it have partnered up to bring an enhanced version of The Town of Light later this year. The two revealed the game will be arriving during the second quarter of this year. The game originally launched on Feb. 26, 2016 and will soon get a second life on consoles.
The game is being called an “updated version” and will deliver a treasure trove of new content. Among it all will be things like original puzzles, add-on “story elements,” revamped voiceover work and additional interactive content.
Wired also confirms there will be a “huge graphical and UI overhaul” in The Town of Light‘s enhanced version. This is done in the hopes of bringing a deeper sense of immersion for players. Folks who would like to see the new trailer for The Town of Light can do so below:
If you aren’t familiar with The Town of Light, it is a first-person psychological adventure. This experience is a narrative-driven game and is “set in the Volterra Psychiatric Asylum – a former mental treatment facility based in Tuscany, Italy. The asylum was shut down in the late 1970s due to an Italian law that instructed all asylums to close completely and give back patients their civil rights,” Wired wrote.
There isn’t an exact release date known for The Town of Light, however, that should come in the weeks ahead. Wired Productions managing director Leo Zullo spoke about today’s announcement.
“We followed the progress of The Town of Light since its first showcase in 2014, and we are really excited to work with Luca and his team to bring this very special experience to console. The merging of real events and places with a powerful and an often uncomfortable storyline makes for a compelling combination,” Zullo said. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on The Town of Light.
- Rumor: PS4 & PS4 Pro Will Be Lead Marketing Platforms For Far Cry 5 - May 22, 2017
- Rockstar Delays Red Dead Redemption 2, Launching Spring 2018 - May 22, 2017
- Review: Tequila Ocho 2016 Puerta del Aire Plata – A Vintage Marvel - May 22, 2017
- Bungie Talks Destiny 2 On PC: It’s Not A Console Port - May 21, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins Will Be A Fresh Start For The Franchise - May 20, 2017
- Housemarque Announces Nex Machina Release Date - May 19, 2017
- Activision & Bungie Reveal Destiny 2 Gameplay, Campaign, Multiplayer & More - May 19, 2017
- Three Lazy Magnolia Beers That Will Drive You To The Liquor Store - May 19, 2017
- New Life Is Strange Game Confirmed By DONTNOD Entertainment - May 18, 2017
- Review: The Surge – For The Core, For The Dedicated - May 18, 2017