Wired Productions and LKA.it have partnered up to bring an enhanced version of The Town of Light later this year. The two revealed the game will be arriving during the second quarter of this year. The game originally launched on Feb. 26, 2016 and will soon get a second life on consoles.
The game is being called an “updated version” and will deliver a treasure trove of new content. Among it all will be things like original puzzles, add-on “story elements,” revamped voiceover work and additional interactive content.
Wired also confirms there will be a “huge graphical and UI overhaul” in The Town of Light‘s enhanced version. This is done in the hopes of bringing a deeper sense of immersion for players. Folks who would like to see the new trailer for The Town of Light can do so below:
If you aren’t familiar with The Town of Light, it is a first-person psychological adventure. This experience is a narrative-driven game and is “set in the Volterra Psychiatric Asylum – a former mental treatment facility based in Tuscany, Italy. The asylum was shut down in the late 1970s due to an Italian law that instructed all asylums to close completely and give back patients their civil rights,” Wired wrote.
There isn’t an exact release date known for The Town of Light, however, that should come in the weeks ahead. Wired Productions managing director Leo Zullo spoke about today’s announcement.
“We followed the progress of The Town of Light since its first showcase in 2014, and we are really excited to work with Luca and his team to bring this very special experience to console. The merging of real events and places with a powerful and an often uncomfortable storyline makes for a compelling combination,” Zullo said. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on The Town of Light.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Is The Best Looking Game On Xbox One X - June 22, 2017
- Far Cry 5’s American Debut Comes At Exactly The Right Time - June 22, 2017
- Review: Sam Adams Summer Seasonal Beers – Part II - June 22, 2017
- Review: George Remus Straight Bourbon Whiskey – A Whiskey Lover’s Delight - June 21, 2017
- Xbox One Executive Calls $499 Xbox One X Price ‘An Incredible Value’ - June 20, 2017
- PS4 Boss Teases Exclusives Launching During First Half 2018 - June 19, 2017
- Destiny 2 Plays, Looks & Runs Amazing On PC - June 19, 2017
- Perception Grants A New Lens For Experiencing Terror & Adventure - June 16, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII Delivers What Gamers Wanted In A Massive Way - June 16, 2017
- PS4 Exclusive Days Gone Gives Players Alternate Paths To Success - June 15, 2017