Ubisoft is marching toward a major spring where they will launch several new games. For Honor and Ghost Recon Wildlands are on the docket for release over the next two months. Not only will those two titles debut though, it also seems The Division is getting ready for new content.
Today, Ubisoft released three new For Honor trailers as well as a teaser for Tom Clancy’s The Division. The latter is a brief 45 second teaser trailer for a new expansion coming to The Division. Those who are eager to check out the new footage can do so below:
The game’s final expansion is known as The Last Stand and a reveal is coming tomorrow. Ubisoft confirms the announcement will happen at 8 a.m. PST. Folks who wish to view the event can do so on The Division‘s Twitch channel. The first year of DLC is ending with The Last Stand, but it makes one wonder if a year two is in store. We’ll find out soon enough.
Switching gears, Ubisoft’s new For Honor trailers profile three new heroes – the Lawbringer, Nobushi and Valkyrie. All three characters will bring something different to the For Honor formula. Ubisoft says these three are part of the “Hybrid Hero” type and bring together features of several hero types.
Ubisoft reckons the Lawbringer brings justice to Ashfeld. “They enforce the laws and dispense punishment. Their armor is without equal. Their weapon is a grim reminder of the ultimate punishment for lawlessness. They will go wherever they are needed – pray that you are on the right side when they arrive,” Ubisoft wrote.
The Nobushi serve as guardians to villages that happen to be out of reach of the Imperial City’s army. This hero type is elegant in battle and possesses a “curious weapon” (that’s as much as we know too). With light armor, similar to the peacekeeper’s, this enables the Nobushi to move freely, though hit points will be at a premium. “They are one of the most effective fighters the Samurai have.”
Lastly, the Valkyrie are apparently in a contract of sorts with the gods. Their battle and glory assists those who are unable to fight, which enables the latter to enter “the halls of Valhalla.” A spear and shield will be key to a player’s success with the Valkyrie. “They are chosen by the gods — hope you never encounter one on the battlefield.”
Ubisoft is hosting a closed beta for the upcoming melee-action game and it’ll kick off this January 26. It will run through Jan. 29 and will take place on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Ubisoft’s new IP For Honor will debut this coming Feb. 14 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Ubisoft.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017