Nintendo creates some of the most coveted first-party software of any company in gaming. Their exclusives generate massive buzz and consistently receive rave reviews from both gamers and press. One can only hope that this trend continues with Switch’s first string of exclusives.
Taking a look at the exclusive games coming to Switch in 2017, there is a lot to look forward to. Thanks to games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey and a small game called The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, gamers have plenty to look forward to.
Gamers can look forward to Breath of the Wild on March 3 and Mario Kart on April 28. Then, Splatoon 2 drops worldwide sometime this summer, with Super Mario Odyssey following in the fall. Nintendo’s Reggie Fils-Aime spoke about what gamers can expect from first party software the next few years.
“I think in all candor, as executives, we can only say so much, and then the consumer believes or doesn’t believe. However, if the question is Nintendo first party development, I can say that our pipeline is quite robust, in what we are working on and that we will deliver next year and early into the year after that. We have that visibility in our pipeline,” Fils-Aime told Time.
While we know a great deal about Nintendo’s 2017 release slate, there is still the possibility of more to come. It was somewhat surprising to not hear the name of Super Smash Bros. called out during Switch’s event. With Mario Kart 8 Deluxe coming this April, it is more than fair to expect Super Smash Bros. to hit Switch at some point this year or early 2018.
Who knows what we’ll see in 2018 and 2019 though? Perhaps there will be a new Pikmin to debut? Maybe there will even be a new Metroid iteration? How about Mother 3? Nintendo first party software is deep with rich franchises and we’ll hear more as the year goes on. Nintendo seems confident in the games coming from first party developers. I take their confidence as a sign of great things to come, not just a strong PR message. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Nintendo.
- PS4 Exclusive God of War Director Planning ‘Multiple Games’ - July 27, 2017
- Uncharted Dev Focused on The Lost Legacy & Last of Us Part II, Nothing Beyond That - July 27, 2017
- Agents of Mayhem’s Daisy is There to ‘Have Fun & Kick Ass’ - July 27, 2017
- LawBreakers Open Beta Kicks Off Tomorrow on PS4 & PC - July 27, 2017
- Wired Productions Steps Up to Combat Mental Health Issues - July 27, 2017
- Agents of Mayhem’s Global Conflict Mode Reveals Hidden Lairs, Best Gadgets - July 26, 2017
- Sega Genesis is Returning This September With 85 Classic Games - July 26, 2017
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice Captures Photo Mode This August - July 26, 2017
- Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition Coming to Switch This September - July 26, 2017
- Aven Colony is a Fun Yet Repetitive Experience - July 25, 2017