For many game developers, creating video games is the passion of a lifetime. You can ask pretty much any developer at any publisher and they’ll most likely tell you that on most days, they love what they do. Hideo Kojima is an example of a developer who simply can’t get enough of making games.
The man has been in the industry for over three decades and he’s still going strong. For someone who had plenty of legitimate reasons to step away from gaming over the last few years, he’s remains awfully optimistic.
Kojima’s last game, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, is a title millions around the world adored. The game is an example of open-worlds done right, but in an unusual way. Kojima is now running a new studio under the Sony umbrella and he seems to be loving it.
“For the past 30 years I’ve created video games, and though it’s a grueling task, I just can’t stop. I thought that working alone may give me a way out, but I just can’t seem to run away from it. Even when I am cornered, there’s an urge in me to keep creating something more exciting, new and something the world has never seen before. This is probably the reason I’m still doing this at the age of 53,” Kojima told Sugoi.
What is most impressive to me is how he didn’t let such a sour situation with Konami chase him off. He clearly still wants to be in gaming. A lot of people might have been driven away by the negative experience. However, Kojima is not letting that be the end of his career in game development.
Kojima, as you know, is partnering with Sony Interactive Entertainment to create a brand-new experience. The upcoming game is Death Stranding and it will be a PS4 exclusive. This new IP will be an open-world action game, though specifics beyond that are scarce at the moment.
It is highly possible that when Death Stranding is available, it’ll be several years from now. What we do know is the game will be a PS4 exclusive. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on PlayStation.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017