For many game developers, creating video games is the passion of a lifetime. You can ask pretty much any developer at any publisher and they’ll most likely tell you that on most days, they love what they do. Hideo Kojima is an example of a developer who simply can’t get enough of making games.
The man has been in the industry for over three decades and he’s still going strong. For someone who had plenty of legitimate reasons to step away from gaming over the last few years, he’s remains awfully optimistic.
Kojima’s last game, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, is a title millions around the world adored. The game is an example of open-worlds done right, but in an unusual way. Kojima is now running a new studio under the Sony umbrella and he seems to be loving it.
“For the past 30 years I’ve created video games, and though it’s a grueling task, I just can’t stop. I thought that working alone may give me a way out, but I just can’t seem to run away from it. Even when I am cornered, there’s an urge in me to keep creating something more exciting, new and something the world has never seen before. This is probably the reason I’m still doing this at the age of 53,” Kojima told Sugoi.
What is most impressive to me is how he didn’t let such a sour situation with Konami chase him off. He clearly still wants to be in gaming. A lot of people might have been driven away by the negative experience. However, Kojima is not letting that be the end of his career in game development.
Kojima, as you know, is partnering with Sony Interactive Entertainment to create a brand-new experience. The upcoming game is Death Stranding and it will be a PS4 exclusive. This new IP will be an open-world action game, though specifics beyond that are scarce at the moment.
It is highly possible that when Death Stranding is available, it’ll be several years from now. What we do know is the game will be a PS4 exclusive. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on PlayStation.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Is The Best Looking Game On Xbox One X - June 22, 2017
- Far Cry 5’s American Debut Comes At Exactly The Right Time - June 22, 2017
- Review: Sam Adams Summer Seasonal Beers – Part II - June 22, 2017
- Review: George Remus Straight Bourbon Whiskey – A Whiskey Lover’s Delight - June 21, 2017
- Xbox One Executive Calls $499 Xbox One X Price ‘An Incredible Value’ - June 20, 2017
- PS4 Boss Teases Exclusives Launching During First Half 2018 - June 19, 2017
- Destiny 2 Plays, Looks & Runs Amazing On PC - June 19, 2017
- Perception Grants A New Lens For Experiencing Terror & Adventure - June 16, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII Delivers What Gamers Wanted In A Massive Way - June 16, 2017
- PS4 Exclusive Days Gone Gives Players Alternate Paths To Success - June 15, 2017