Looking into 2017, Microsoft is preparing to release one of its best slate of games so far this generation. Halo Wars 2, Sea of Thieves and Crackdown 3 are just a few of the exciting titles upcoming this year. However, gamers now know there for sure will be one less game they can expect.
Today, Microsoft confirmed Scalebound has ceased production and is officially canceled. The game has been under development for the past four years. A delay took place last year, which pushed the game into 2017. But now we know things were worse than it seemed.
It is unknown if Platinum Games will try to pick up the pieces and finish the game separate from Microsoft. Scalebound is a title that had been touted as one of Xbox One’s biggest upcoming games. For those who are hoping for Scalebound to get made some other way, options seem slim.
“After careful deliberation, Microsoft Studios has come to the decision to end production for Scalebound. We’re working hard to deliver an amazing lineup of games to our fans this year, including Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, and other great experiences,” Microsoft wrote in a statement to GameSpot.
In other news, gamers can now digitally pre-order and pre-download Mass Effect Andromeda. Xbox One, PS4 and Windows 10 players can get ahead of the downloading game now. The game will unlock at 12:01 AM EST on March 21.
E3 2017 will likely be the event when Microsoft shows off Project Scorpio. The event is still months away from happening, however, Major Nelson has begun the countdown to E3 2017. Details on Microsoft’s lineup during the second half of 2017 are expected, as is a release date and price for Project Scorpio. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Xbox.
- History Made As LawBreakers Will Burst Onto PS4, PS4 Pro & PC - May 23, 2017
- June’s Games With Gold Is An All-Time Lineup For Xbox One - May 23, 2017
- Scope Aside, Bungie’s Priority Is Making Destiny 2 ‘A Good Action Game’ - May 23, 2017
- Rumor: PS4 & PS4 Pro Will Be Lead Marketing Platforms For Far Cry 5 - May 22, 2017
- Rockstar Delays Red Dead Redemption 2, Launching Spring 2018 - May 22, 2017
- Review: Tequila Ocho 2016 Puerta del Aire Plata – A Vintage Marvel - May 22, 2017
- Bungie Talks Destiny 2 On PC: It’s Not A Console Port - May 21, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins Will Be A Fresh Start For The Franchise - May 20, 2017
- Housemarque Announces Nex Machina Release Date - May 19, 2017
- Activision & Bungie Reveal Destiny 2 Gameplay, Campaign, Multiplayer & More - May 19, 2017