Looking into 2017, Microsoft is preparing to release one of its best slate of games so far this generation. Halo Wars 2, Sea of Thieves and Crackdown 3 are just a few of the exciting titles upcoming this year. However, gamers now know there for sure will be one less game they can expect.
Today, Microsoft confirmed Scalebound has ceased production and is officially canceled. The game has been under development for the past four years. A delay took place last year, which pushed the game into 2017. But now we know things were worse than it seemed.
It is unknown if Platinum Games will try to pick up the pieces and finish the game separate from Microsoft. Scalebound is a title that had been touted as one of Xbox One’s biggest upcoming games. For those who are hoping for Scalebound to get made some other way, options seem slim.
“After careful deliberation, Microsoft Studios has come to the decision to end production for Scalebound. We’re working hard to deliver an amazing lineup of games to our fans this year, including Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, and other great experiences,” Microsoft wrote in a statement to GameSpot.
In other news, gamers can now digitally pre-order and pre-download Mass Effect Andromeda. Xbox One, PS4 and Windows 10 players can get ahead of the downloading game now. The game will unlock at 12:01 AM EST on March 21.
E3 2017 will likely be the event when Microsoft shows off Project Scorpio. The event is still months away from happening, however, Major Nelson has begun the countdown to E3 2017. Details on Microsoft’s lineup during the second half of 2017 are expected, as is a release date and price for Project Scorpio. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Xbox.
- PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Development Process Made Seamless By Microsoft & Sony, Says Mulaka Dev - April 24, 2017
- Activision Confirms Call of Duty: WWII, Livestream Coming Wednesday - April 22, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s Nemesis System Is ‘Expanded In Every Way’ - April 22, 2017
- Star Wars Battlefront II’s Story Now An Established Part Of The Franchise - April 22, 2017
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey Receives Exciting New Trailer - April 21, 2017
- Ubisoft Cuts The Ribbon On New Bordeaux & Berlin Development Studios - April 20, 2017
- Remedy Recounts Microsoft’s Request To Remove ‘Explicit Nudity’ Texture From Quantum Break - April 20, 2017
- Dev On Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel: ‘More Machines’ & Respecting The Emotional Connection - April 19, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Will Feature The Nazgul As Enemy Bosses - April 19, 2017
- Mulaka Is Coming To PS4 & Xbox One This Year, And It Looks Awesome - April 18, 2017