If there’s one upcoming game that gamers have unanimously been waiting for a release date on, it is Mass Effect Andromeda. The upcoming RPG from EA and BioWare has seen new gameplay recently, but no date. The Game Awards 2016 came and went with new footage, but no launch date.
Today, however, is a good day because we finally know when Mass Effect Andromeda will launch. EA and BioWare have confirmed the upcoming game will arrive on March 21 in North America. Players in Europe will have to wait a few more days than their North American counterparts. EA and BioWare tagged a March 23 release date in Europe.
There was quite the sentiment among many in the industry that Mass Effect Andromeda would be delayed again. Thankfully, those pundits, myself included, were totally wrong and the game arrives in less than three months!
Mass Effect Andromeda is the first game in the series to use EA’s Frostbite Engine. Aaryn Flynn, who is BioWare’s GM, gave some insight into how we got to today’s announcement.
“Over this holiday break, developers at BioWare took home a version of the game in what we call the “holiday build”. This is a longstanding studio tradition that goes back to the early days of the original Mass Effect. Many load up a PC or console and go home to play as much as possible at their leisure.
“Coming back from holiday, the feedback has been great. Getting the endorsement from members of our studio, many of whom played key roles on the original trilogy, was definitely a key factor in helping us lock in on the date,” Flynn wrote.
There is supposed to be a multiplayer beta for the upcoming title, however, a date isn’t known quite yet. I expect EA to give more news on that in the coming weeks. Mass Effect Andromeda will launch this coming March 21 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Mass Effect.
- Ubisoft Releases Update 1.7 for Tom Clancy’s The Division - August 17, 2017
- Stunning Indie Game Light Fall Drops March 2018 on PS4, Xbox One & PC - August 17, 2017
- Activision Reveals Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta Dates - August 16, 2017
- WBIE Releases New Shadow of War Tribes Trailer - August 16, 2017
- Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates Releases October on Steam - August 16, 2017
- Dev Announces Raid: World War II’s September PC Release Date - August 16, 2017
- We Happy Few Forgoing Console Exclusivity is a Win for Gamers - August 16, 2017
- God Told Far Cry 5’s Villain The End of The World is Coming - August 15, 2017
- Xbox Acknowledges Xbox One X Pre-Order Frustration, Talks YouTube Streaming - August 15, 2017
- Meet Volition’s New Masterpiece: Agents of Mayhem - August 15, 2017