Often times in new game trailers, companies leave clues and hints behind for folks to discover. This is particularly true of open-world games, and publishers like Ubisoft and Rockstar Games like dropping hints that way.
Today, Ubisoft released a brand-new trailer for Ghost Recon Wildlands. The video showcases combat, traversal, destruction and a lot more. You can check out the new trailer below if you have yet to see it.
In the above trailer, I noticed more than a handful of missions that gamers will apparently be able to undertake. At the end of the trailer there is a wide shot of the world with four Ghosts standing there looking out. It was at this point that I noticed a bunch of missions listed.
There are quite a few different mission types gamers will be able to take on. The missions included “intercept the convoy, interrogate the rebel prisoner, destroy casino equipment, steal the cartel warchest, free pro-rebel civilians, kill the drill instructors, capture the Santa Blanca, kill ex-ranger Carl Bookhart and plunder com tools supply.” Go to 2:08 of the trailer to see for yourself.
I also noticed some of the items players will be able to carry with them. As you can see above, gamers will be able to carry at least six items that perhaps carry the command LB. This is of course simple speculation, but the icon to the right of the frag grenade looks like a flair, then C4, then a sleeping bag (kidding, I don’t know what the third from the right could be), then a flash bang and finally, something like a smoke grenade.
What do you think these icons indicate?
The next screen below gives us a look at the four arms of operations chief Ghost Recon Wildlands bad guy El Sueño (The Dream) has. The four arms are production, smuggling, security and influence. Presumably, gamers will have to destabilize all four areas in order to send El Sueño into una pesadilla.
Remember Carl Bookhart, who I mentioned in a kill mission above? Well, there’s our man in the production arm of El Sueño’s operation. He looks to be a low man on the totem pole, so perhaps he’ll be an earlier mission in Wildlands.
The four sub-bosses of El Sueño’s look to be El Muro (The Wall), El Cardenal (The Cardinal), Nidia Flores and El Yayo (The Grandad). Another potential target is a man simply named Antonio, La Santera (caretaker of a sanctuary) and then of course, El Gato (The Cat).
Separately, gamers will be able to upgrade their drone. At 1:25 of the trailer, it is indicated that at least three areas of your drone could be upgradeable. Things like battery increase, night vision and cooldown appear to be upgradeable.
Additionally, weapons can apparently be upgraded in areas like stable aim, hip fire spread and ammo capacity. Perhaps you can also have attachments like a grenade launcher. All of this should of course be noted that this is pure speculation on my part and not official in any way.
Ghost Recon Wildlands will have a deep experience to offer players. The title will be receiving a beta soon and you can sign up for it here. The game will launch on March 7 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Ghost Recon Wildlands.
- Sniper Elite 4 Unleashes New Deathstorm Chapter Today - April 25, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII Is Coming This Year, But What About Advanced Warfare 2? - April 25, 2017
- PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Development Process Made Seamless By Microsoft & Sony, Says Mulaka Dev - April 24, 2017
- Activision Confirms Call of Duty: WWII, Livestream Coming Wednesday - April 22, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s Nemesis System Is ‘Expanded In Every Way’ - April 22, 2017
- Star Wars Battlefront II’s Story Now An Established Part Of The Franchise - April 22, 2017
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey Receives Exciting New Trailer - April 21, 2017
- Ubisoft Cuts The Ribbon On New Bordeaux & Berlin Development Studios - April 20, 2017
- Remedy Recounts Microsoft’s Request To Remove ‘Explicit Nudity’ Texture From Quantum Break - April 20, 2017
- Dev On Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel: ‘More Machines’ & Respecting The Emotional Connection - April 19, 2017