Telltale Games is the developer behind the highly regarded The Walking Dead series. Recently, they’ve been delving into the superhero and fantasy worlds with Batman and Game of Thrones launches. Continuing their run in the superhero world, Telltale has announced Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series.
The announcement is a great surprise to many fans of the series. Telltale has done a fantastic job with brands like Batman and Game of Thrones. This makes the news all the more exciting for fans who want a Guardians game.
No exact release date is known at this time. Telltale is confirming that Guardians will be releasing sometime during 2017. The game will arrive on consoles, PC and mobile devices.As is Telltale’s style, Guardians will be an episodic run. There will be five episodes in the first season. Kevin Bruner, who is a co-founder and CEO at Telltale, spoke about the news.
“The energizing blend of humor, emotion, teamwork, and full-on sci-fi action-adventure of the Guardians provides an enormously satisfying space to explore through Telltale’s unique style of interactive storytelling. In Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series, players will take on multiple roles within the ragtag band of heroes, and take the pilot’s seat in directing their escapades around the universe.
“We are always honored to be working with the best creative partners and storytellers in entertainment, and working with Marvel on this series leaves us excited to share what we’ve been developing when it premieres in 2017,” Bruner said.
Telltale also is confirming that the upcoming game will receive a retail release. It will include a “special season pass disc,” which will unlock each new episode as they release. Telltale is not specifying the game’s platforms for this quite yet, which is interesting. Jay Ong, who is the senior vice president of games & innovation at Marvel Entertainment, spoke about the announcement.
“With story at the core of everything that Marvel creates, who better to team with than master storytellers Telltale Games. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series fully showcases Marvel and Telltale’s rich legacy of storytelling, and fans will find themselves immersed in an original, character-driven narrative. As part of our strategy to establish a new standard for Marvel games, this is certainly among the great titles to come,” Ong said.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series will launch sometime during 2017. The game will arrive on consoles, PC and mobile when it debuts. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Telltale’s new series.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017