Deck 13 and Focus Home Interactive are teaming up to bring a new RPG to the gaming scene next year. This new RPG is called The Surge. The new IP will be for those hardcore RPG fans out there and today we have new screenshots to share.
Focus Home and Deck 13 have shown off several of The Surge‘s semi-bosses. These foes will roam the corridors of CREO, which is an overrun industrial facility. Gamers can expect to find these enemies in faulty machinery or CREO’s “elite security forces.”
Fans of Lords of the Fallen or the Dark Souls brands will surely have something to enjoy in this new IP. Hardcore, intelligent combat is at the heart of this experience. Additionally, the narrative sees a billionaire philanthropist task the mysterious firm CREO on an important project. This project is said to reverse the impact of climate change on the planet.
Gamers will encounter all sorts of enemies throughout their time in The Surge. There is the aforementioned foes and then there is the robot dog. Trust me, this a force that you are less likely to pet and more likely to run away from.
“CREO’s ‘robot dog’ is a leaping quadruped designed to track down and kill any intrusions. As with most threats in The Surge, it has a weakness – although heavily armored, players can hit vulnerable places in order to take it down, and loot it, faster,” Focus Home Interactive wrote.
Those who run into the Echelon 9 security forces will find enemies that possess “anti-personnel combat gear.” They reside in the Goliath class, which players should take as being exceptionally quick and powerful.
“One of the many malfunctioning industrial machines throughout CREO, the Smelter was designed to be impervious to tampering, making it extremely difficult to shut down. With ore-smashing gripper teeth and coolant forcing it to vent gasses to keeping it stable, you’ll have to attack its most vulnerable inner workings at the right time to deactivate it,” Focus Home Interactive wrote.
Scavenging for resources as well as crafting will be key in creating your character. Gamers will have an exo-suit to upgrade, in addition to a number of different armors. Deck 13 believes this will create “limitless armament combinations.”
The Surge is going to release sometime during 2017. The exciting, new RPG will land on PS4, Xbox One and PC when it debuts. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on The Surge.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017