Green Flash Brewing Company has been gradually building out the portfolio of their Cellar 3 Barrelmaster’s Reserve series. Their most recent release was this past October’s Ochre Frumento. Today though, Green Flash is revealing the next installment in the Barrelmaster’s Reserve, Divine Enebro.
Divine Enebro brings forth a “classic Belgian-style Tripel,” which has done its time, aging in gin barrels. Green Flash introduced botanicals, which are supposed to copy the notes people find in typical gin cocktails. This release marks the third overall for the Barrelmaster’s Reserve series.
Like previous installments in the series, Green Flash has only made 600 bottles of Divine Enebro. These will be sold on a first-come first-serve basis at Cellar 3 this coming Dec. 10. As has been the case before, there is a limit of 2 bottles per person. If you’re wondering how fast these releases sell out, the previous two apparently sold out within a few hours of being on sale.
Pat Korn, who is the barrelmaster for Green Flash, took inspiration from the classic gin cocktails many people enjoy today. “He recognized some similarities between the herbaceous character of gin drinks and the classic spicy notes and fruity esters found in a classic Belgian Tripel. After aging the beer in gin barrels, he adds juniper berries, cucumber and coriander to further encourage the beer’s distinctly botanical flavor profile,” Green Flash wrote.
Beer drinkers who are planning on getting to Cellar 3 for the release on Dec. 10 should know each bottle will cost $24. Keep in mind the limit of 2 bottles per person as well. Folks looking for a Green Flash recommendation that isn’t as limited should look to the brewery’s West Coast IPA. It is one of the brewery’s flagship ales and deservedly so. Bar none, it is one of the best IPAs out there. If you are like me and enjoy the nerdier side of beer, enjoy the official description Green Flash provided for Divine Enebro:
“Behold, the glory of our benevolent blender on his latest masterpiece—Divine Enebro. Our Belgian-inspired Tripel is an archetype of the style, offering a flavorful kaleidoscope of fruity esters, banana, and spice. Inspired by the herbaceous quality of gin-based cocktails, we aged this classic brew in gin barrels to enhance the intensity of its botanical character. The result is a refreshing, golden Ale with a uniquely verdant aroma from added cucumber and juniper berries. Notes of coriander and clove make this beer a satisfying, celestial, and divine indulgence for the holiday season,” Green Flash wrote.
The limited release has an alcohol by volume (ABV) of 10.8 percent ABV. The ale goes on sale Dec. 10 at Cellar 3. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on craft beer.
- PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Development Process Made Seamless By Microsoft & Sony, Says Mulaka Dev - April 24, 2017
- Activision Confirms Call of Duty: WWII, Livestream Coming Wednesday - April 22, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s Nemesis System Is ‘Expanded In Every Way’ - April 22, 2017
- Star Wars Battlefront II’s Story Now An Established Part Of The Franchise - April 22, 2017
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey Receives Exciting New Trailer - April 21, 2017
- Ubisoft Cuts The Ribbon On New Bordeaux & Berlin Development Studios - April 20, 2017
- Remedy Recounts Microsoft’s Request To Remove ‘Explicit Nudity’ Texture From Quantum Break - April 20, 2017
- Dev On Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel: ‘More Machines’ & Respecting The Emotional Connection - April 19, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Will Feature The Nazgul As Enemy Bosses - April 19, 2017
- Mulaka Is Coming To PS4 & Xbox One This Year, And It Looks Awesome - April 18, 2017