Green Flash Brewing Company has been gradually building out the portfolio of their Cellar 3 Barrelmaster’s Reserve series. Their most recent release was this past October’s Ochre Frumento. Today though, Green Flash is revealing the next installment in the Barrelmaster’s Reserve, Divine Enebro.
Divine Enebro brings forth a “classic Belgian-style Tripel,” which has done its time, aging in gin barrels. Green Flash introduced botanicals, which are supposed to copy the notes people find in typical gin cocktails. This release marks the third overall for the Barrelmaster’s Reserve series.
Like previous installments in the series, Green Flash has only made 600 bottles of Divine Enebro. These will be sold on a first-come first-serve basis at Cellar 3 this coming Dec. 10. As has been the case before, there is a limit of 2 bottles per person. If you’re wondering how fast these releases sell out, the previous two apparently sold out within a few hours of being on sale.
Pat Korn, who is the barrelmaster for Green Flash, took inspiration from the classic gin cocktails many people enjoy today. “He recognized some similarities between the herbaceous character of gin drinks and the classic spicy notes and fruity esters found in a classic Belgian Tripel. After aging the beer in gin barrels, he adds juniper berries, cucumber and coriander to further encourage the beer’s distinctly botanical flavor profile,” Green Flash wrote.
Beer drinkers who are planning on getting to Cellar 3 for the release on Dec. 10 should know each bottle will cost $24. Keep in mind the limit of 2 bottles per person as well. Folks looking for a Green Flash recommendation that isn’t as limited should look to the brewery’s West Coast IPA. It is one of the brewery’s flagship ales and deservedly so. Bar none, it is one of the best IPAs out there. If you are like me and enjoy the nerdier side of beer, enjoy the official description Green Flash provided for Divine Enebro:
“Behold, the glory of our benevolent blender on his latest masterpiece—Divine Enebro. Our Belgian-inspired Tripel is an archetype of the style, offering a flavorful kaleidoscope of fruity esters, banana, and spice. Inspired by the herbaceous quality of gin-based cocktails, we aged this classic brew in gin barrels to enhance the intensity of its botanical character. The result is a refreshing, golden Ale with a uniquely verdant aroma from added cucumber and juniper berries. Notes of coriander and clove make this beer a satisfying, celestial, and divine indulgence for the holiday season,” Green Flash wrote.
The limited release has an alcohol by volume (ABV) of 10.8 percent ABV. The ale goes on sale Dec. 10 at Cellar 3. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on craft beer.
- History Made As LawBreakers Will Burst Onto PS4, PS4 Pro & PC - May 23, 2017
- June’s Games With Gold Is An All-Time Lineup For Xbox One - May 23, 2017
- Scope Aside, Bungie’s Priority Is Making Destiny 2 ‘A Good Action Game’ - May 23, 2017
- Rumor: PS4 & PS4 Pro Will Be Lead Marketing Platforms For Far Cry 5 - May 22, 2017
- Rockstar Delays Red Dead Redemption 2, Launching Spring 2018 - May 22, 2017
- Review: Tequila Ocho 2016 Puerta del Aire Plata – A Vintage Marvel - May 22, 2017
- Bungie Talks Destiny 2 On PC: It’s Not A Console Port - May 21, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins Will Be A Fresh Start For The Franchise - May 20, 2017
- Housemarque Announces Nex Machina Release Date - May 19, 2017
- Activision & Bungie Reveal Destiny 2 Gameplay, Campaign, Multiplayer & More - May 19, 2017