War, what is it good for? Absolutely everything. Darksiders Warmastered Edition is here and fans of the original will surely be able to appreciate the changes. Newcomers will also find this remaster enjoyable given its low price and excellent quality. This revamped version of the original iteration in the series shines with its greatly improved visuals and silky smooth performance.
Getting straight to it, Darksiders Warmastered Edition brings completely revamped looks. The game was released back in 2010 and the differences between then and now are quite noticeable. Facial animations, world textures, cutscenes, gameplay and so much more have been tightened up.
Darksiders Warmastered Edition‘s cutscenes showcase a jump from the original. Character facial animations correlate to what is being said quite precisely. War responding to a comment from The Watcher shows excellent voice and animation timing. Cinematics flow better and this helps create a deeper sense of immersion.
As has been the case with many remastered games, the 1080p jump in resolution is absolutely stunning. To help make this improvement even greater, Darksiders Warmastered Edition also runs at 60 frames per second. This gives even great meaning to the higher fidelity.
The environments feel far more alive than ever before. Increased resolution plays a part in this newfound feeling, but so does the improved look of just about everything. Enemies are far more intimidating. For Darksiders Warmastered Edition‘s toughest bosses, their gigantic appearances are even more awe-inspiring than before.
Each level, building, tree, floor or piece of concrete has a new level of detail. Exquisite textures look far better with the 1080p/60 frames per second performance. Water glistens when you come across it on a side walk or drain. Trees and subsequent brush also provide a greater sense of richness to the game’s environments.
Darksiders Warmastered Edition is beautifully rendered and seeing how well this game performs isn’t a challenge. Shadows hold greater precision. They also change as War jogs through each level. The improved shadows of War and the world around him further enhanced my immersion in the world.
Combat is fluid and controls respond with deadly immediacy. Enemy AI still provides players with a challenge, particularly when there are a handful of different types of foes incoming. With the mere $20 price tag of Darksiders Warmastered Edition, this remaster provides gamers with great value.
PC gamers who already owned the original Darksiders can simply upgrade to the remaster free of charge today. This is a great move on the part of THQ Nordic. Again, the modest $20 price tag absolutely makes this remaster more than worth picking up for first-time players.
Darksiders Warmastered Edition is an excellent example of a remaster that respects fans who purchased the original, while still making the new version accessible to newcomers to the series. Both Darksiders and Darksiders II are available on PS4 and Xbox One. Each remaster is also available on PC.
This is setting up a bright and intriguing future for the Darksiders series, and one I’m hoping leads to a new installment. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Darksiders. THQ Nordic provided We Write Things with an Xbox One review code of Darksiders Warmastered Edition for the purposes of this review.
- Assassin’s Creed Empire Will Be A Project Scorpio Showcase Title - March 29, 2017
- PS4 Pro And Project Scorpio Can’t Fix Cross-Gen Development Problem, Says Dev - March 28, 2017
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Safe Houses Detailed By CI Games - March 28, 2017
- New RPG Outward Exclusive: A Bit of Borderlands And Fallout With Some Local Co-Op - March 28, 2017
- Review: Rock N Roll Tequila – A Trio of Tantalizing Tequilas - March 27, 2017
- Celebrate St. Patty’s Day With Tasty Recipes From Maker’s Mark and Tres Agaves - March 17, 2017
- CD Projekt RED Expects Cyberpunk 2077 To Outsell The Witcher 3 - March 16, 2017
- Review: Styx: Shards of Darkness – Goblin Be Stealthy - March 16, 2017
- Nex Machina No Longer PS4 Exclusive, Launches On PC This Summer - March 14, 2017
- Mass Effect Andromeda Launches In A Week And Its Launch Trailer Is Epic - March 13, 2017