Cyanide Studios and Focus Home Interactive are in the process of bringing the sequel Styx: Shards of Darkness to life. This new game will make its debut during the first quarter of next year on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
In preparation for launch, Focus Home and Cyanide have dropped four gorgeous new screenshots. You can get a look at each of the Styx: Shards of Darkness screens below. The quad of screenshots show off the “heavily guarded Port of Korrangar, airships in flight, and the impish nature” of the game’s protagonist, Styx, himself.
Styx: Shards of Darkness will be taking the series across many different settings. By way of Styx accepting a mission to snatch away an ambassador’s scepter, he enters into a scenario he couldn’t have ever imagined. “Shady politics and powerful magic” create one of the most deadly situations Styx has ever found himself in.
“This time around, Styx has access to a far greater arsenal of tools and abilities to fit with a range of different play styles. Avoid or hunt guards with potent Amber powers, including the ability to instantly teleport into a newly hatched Styx clone. The newly-added crafting system lets you adapt to situations as you progress, allowing you to craft lethal traps and other devices from components stolen on your adventure,” Focus Home Interactive wrote.
Cyanide is working hard to make Styx: Shards of Darkness more open for players. The game’s level design will be more dependent upon each player’s creativity. Verticality is a clear element that the studio wants to accentuate. That has been clear to me from the screens and video footage I’ve seen thus far.
It’ll be interesting to see how far Styx: Shards of Darkness has come when it launches early next year. The game will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Styx: Shards of Darkness.
- History Made As LawBreakers Will Burst Onto PS4, PS4 Pro & PC - May 23, 2017
- June’s Games With Gold Is An All-Time Lineup For Xbox One - May 23, 2017
- Scope Aside, Bungie’s Priority Is Making Destiny 2 ‘A Good Action Game’ - May 23, 2017
- Rumor: PS4 & PS4 Pro Will Be Lead Marketing Platforms For Far Cry 5 - May 22, 2017
- Rockstar Delays Red Dead Redemption 2, Launching Spring 2018 - May 22, 2017
- Review: Tequila Ocho 2016 Puerta del Aire Plata – A Vintage Marvel - May 22, 2017
- Bungie Talks Destiny 2 On PC: It’s Not A Console Port - May 21, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins Will Be A Fresh Start For The Franchise - May 20, 2017
- Housemarque Announces Nex Machina Release Date - May 19, 2017
- Activision & Bungie Reveal Destiny 2 Gameplay, Campaign, Multiplayer & More - May 19, 2017