Square Enix and IO Interactive’s work on Hitman has been an evolving string of new content drops since it released earlier this year. The first year of new Hitman content is nearly complete, and the publisher dropped new details surrounding its November update (Update 1.7).
This mandatory update for all players not only delivers new content, but it also tightens up the experience. From now until Hitman‘s Jan. 31, 2017 physical release, updates will flesh out the current experience even more. The November update is available now, so make sure you update Hitman before playing. In total the update is expected to be 2.4GB on PS4, 13.6GB on Xbox One and 2.1GB on PC.
The biggest improvement to note is the new “Offline Profile” feature. This makes it so anytime a player earns an unlockable item online, it is then saved the an “Offline Profile.” From there, players will be able to use the items, even if they are offline.
It’s worth noting that you will need to be connected to servers in order to gain new unlocks. However, once you have acquired them, you are good to go for offline play. This will help free up the experience for gamers. Items encompassed in this are things such as “weapons, gear, starting/pickup locations as well as Elusive Target suit rewards and Challenge Pack unlocks.”
Fixes to things that caused crashes have been made via a stability sweep. When an Opportunity has been completed, a checkmark will now be denoted next to it. Perfectionists no longer have to worry about remembering which ones they have finished. Those who complete a mission on “Silent Assassin” will see that rating displayed via the scoring screen.
The “Statistics” page has been given a “new visual design,” which shows challenge, mastery level and overall location completion rates. The background of the pause menu is now reflecting the in-game moment versus the world map view. After a mission is done, the last frame of the exit sequence will be the mission accomplished screen.
When you are done with a Contract, either a checkmark (denoting success) or a cross (denoting failure) will show the status of the Contract. Additional changes include more consistent Elusive Target Challenge Images, the new IO Interactive logo and a new sound effect when you unlock a challenge. PS4 players will now enjoy briefing videos for The Mercenary and The Controller.
Channeling their inner Assassin’s Creed, players will now be able to pull people over balconies or out of a window. This can be done when Agent 47 is hanging on a ledge or below the balcony or window. Square says there is a known issue for this movement. If an NPC in the world sees you do this, they will not react or blame 47. Players who want to try it out should take advantage of it while they can because the move will be removed with December’s update. Square will fix the issue and then bring it back in January’s update.
Square Enix has listed all of the fixes that were made to each level of Hitman and more. See the remaining list of fixes in the bullets below:
- Fixed an issue with trespassing whilst dressed as a Chef in Paris
- Fixed issues that could cause multiple opportunities in Paris to fail, depending on 47’s actions
- Fixed an issue where water splashes could be heard in certain areas of the attic in Paris
- Fixed an issue where 47 could vault into an inaccessible location in Paris. The vault prompt has been removed
- Fixed an issue that could cause the light rig in Paris to also cause damage in the basement
- Fixed inconsistent trespassing boundaries in Sapienza
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Mission Accomplished’ music could be heard during the cinematic following The World of Tomorrow.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the ‘Open Sesame’ opportunity in Marrakesh to fail, instead of being completed
- Fixed inconsistent trespassing boundaries in Marrakesh
- Fixed an issue that would cause the documents to be lost when using the ‘push’ prompt on Matthieu Mendola in ‘A House Built on Sand’.
- Fixed an issue where the crowd and helicopter sounds could be heard in some parts of the tunnel in Marrakesh
- Fixed an issue where starting combat in the school will alert all guards on the map in Marrakesh
- Fixed an issue where Agent 47 could ‘blend-in’ without the correct disguise in Bangkok
- Fixed an issue with the physics of a guitar stand in Bangkok.
- Fixed an issue with clipping when wearing the Exterminator disguise in Bangkok.
- Fixed an issue with an invisible wall in the atrium in Bangkok.
- Fixed an issue where Jackie Carrington’s routine could get stuck in Bangkok.
- Fixed an issue where guards that have spotted 47 trespassing in one disguise, would immediately attempt to arrest him when finding him in a non-trespassing area in a different disguise.
- Fixed an issue where the hay bale in Colorado would not drop when shot in certain places
- Fixed an issue where a door in Sean Rose’s room could not be opened by Rose’s Room Key
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Target Lockdown alert to trigger in Colorado without player action
- Fixed an issue that could make it impossible to complete the Freedom Fighters mission in Colorado
- Fixed an issue where a kill involving the hot springs in Hokkaido would be classed as ‘Accident Fall’, it is now classified as a drowning kill
- Fixed an issue where a gun rattling sound could be heard when crouching after dropping a weapon
- Fixed an issue where a challenge notification would be displayed after the first kill in a mission
- Fixed an issue where the weapon HUD would sometimes display incorrectly when using ‘minimal’ HUD settings
- Fixed an issue where subtitles could still be seen in the Pause Menu
- Fixed an issue with Cyrillic characters not rendering properly on the Contracts Briefing tile
- Fixed an issue where the cinematics between missions could drop to as low as 19 fps
- Fixed an issue where the selected GPU in the Game Launcher is not the one used by the game
- Fixed an issue where some tabs in the ‘Replanning’ screen could not be selected with a mouse
- Fixed an issue with unequipping an item during the ‘Planning’ phase
- Fixed an issue in Marrakesh where heavy flickering in areas with artificial lighting would occur on specifics setups
- Fixed an issue where the framerate could stutter during combat, primarily on DX12 setups
Hitman will receive an update in December. Square and IO were teasing that the update will be a great way “to wish all of our players a happy holiday season.” Later next month will be when further details are let out. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Hitman.