Nintendo has made their way into the mobile world of gaming. The firm’s first title was Miitomo and it released a few months back. However, people have been waiting to hear when a major Nintendo franchise will be landing on their mobile device.
You won’t have to wait much longer as Nintendo has revealed the release date for Super Mario Run. Nintendo’s biggest and possibly greatest series Super Mario will finally hit the App Store this coming Dec. 15. Users will be able to download the app for both iPhone and iPad.
A total of 151 countries and regions will be able to snag themselves a download of Super Mario Run when it debuts on Dec. 15. The app will be available for the price of $9.99. This will be a one-time purchase for users, though it’ll be interesting to see if any DLC is eventually attached.
Users who purchase Super Mario Run will gain “unlimited access to each of the three modes in this release.” Doug Bowser, who is Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing (and epic last names), spoke about the news of Super Mario Run arriving this Dec. 15.
“The wait is almost over for a Super Mario game that can be played on mobile devices. Developed under the direction of Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto, Super Mario Run brings a new take on the series’ beloved action-platforming gameplay to iPhone and iPad for the first time,” Bowser said.
The upcoming app will be compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. Make sure your tech is running on versions of iOS 8.0 or later. To find out whether or not your country or region will receive Super Mario Run, check out Nintendo’s official list here.
The app will support a number of languages, which include “English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Russian and traditional Chinese language options.” The new game sees “Mario run forward on his own, but relies on the tap of a single finger to jump over obstacles, avoid enemies, pull off stylish moves, collect coins and reach the flagpole to complete courses.”
Folks who are eager to get their hands on Super Mario Run can do so by pre-registering here. Super Mario Run will debut this coming Dec. 15 for all App Store users. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Nintendo.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017