As the months become cooler, beer drinkers’ tastes start to shift toward a darker palate. That said, this is Colorado and the word cool isn’t exactly ringing true with the weather we’ve been having lately, so perhaps tastes aren’t shifting as much as usual.
With that in mind, Ska Brewing has announced a new, limited release called Dementia. The new ale is a product of their Euphoria Pale Ale after it was aged in Peach Street Distillers’ bourbon barrels. There was no mention of exactly how long the age was done for, but you can check out the cool bottle-artwork and wax-covered top below:
For those interested, Peach Street Distillers is located in Palisade, CO and is the distiller that assisted Ska with the aged Euphoria Pale Ale. Thomas Larsen, who is the headbrewer at Ska Brewing, spoke about today’s news of the Dementia limited release being announced.
“Peach aromas, caramel sweetness and a touch of chocolate and toast provide a boozy and earthy essence. It is the perfect winter warmer,” Larsen said.
Beer drinkers wondering what sort of alcohol by volume (ABV) they’ll be looking at should expect the Dementia to check in at 6.2 percent ABV. International Bitter Units (IBUs) check in at 45 IBUs. Dementia will be available in 22 oz. bombers across Ska’s “largest markets,” which includes Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Southern California and Illinois.
Since this a limited release, you’re better off grabbing your helping of Dementia soon than later. Don’t risk forgetting about Dementia, you’re welcome, and then risk missing out on this limited brew. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on craft beer.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017