As the months become cooler, beer drinkers’ tastes start to shift toward a darker palate. That said, this is Colorado and the word cool isn’t exactly ringing true with the weather we’ve been having lately, so perhaps tastes aren’t shifting as much as usual.
With that in mind, Ska Brewing has announced a new, limited release called Dementia. The new ale is a product of their Euphoria Pale Ale after it was aged in Peach Street Distillers’ bourbon barrels. There was no mention of exactly how long the age was done for, but you can check out the cool bottle-artwork and wax-covered top below:
For those interested, Peach Street Distillers is located in Palisade, CO and is the distiller that assisted Ska with the aged Euphoria Pale Ale. Thomas Larsen, who is the headbrewer at Ska Brewing, spoke about today’s news of the Dementia limited release being announced.
“Peach aromas, caramel sweetness and a touch of chocolate and toast provide a boozy and earthy essence. It is the perfect winter warmer,” Larsen said.
Beer drinkers wondering what sort of alcohol by volume (ABV) they’ll be looking at should expect the Dementia to check in at 6.2 percent ABV. International Bitter Units (IBUs) check in at 45 IBUs. Dementia will be available in 22 oz. bombers across Ska’s “largest markets,” which includes Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Southern California and Illinois.
Since this a limited release, you’re better off grabbing your helping of Dementia soon than later. Don’t risk forgetting about Dementia, you’re welcome, and then risk missing out on this limited brew. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on craft beer.
- PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Development Process Made Seamless By Microsoft & Sony, Says Mulaka Dev - April 24, 2017
- Activision Confirms Call of Duty: WWII, Livestream Coming Wednesday - April 22, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s Nemesis System Is ‘Expanded In Every Way’ - April 22, 2017
- Star Wars Battlefront II’s Story Now An Established Part Of The Franchise - April 22, 2017
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey Receives Exciting New Trailer - April 21, 2017
- Ubisoft Cuts The Ribbon On New Bordeaux & Berlin Development Studios - April 20, 2017
- Remedy Recounts Microsoft’s Request To Remove ‘Explicit Nudity’ Texture From Quantum Break - April 20, 2017
- Dev On Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel: ‘More Machines’ & Respecting The Emotional Connection - April 19, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Will Feature The Nazgul As Enemy Bosses - April 19, 2017
- Mulaka Is Coming To PS4 & Xbox One This Year, And It Looks Awesome - April 18, 2017