As the months become cooler, beer drinkers’ tastes start to shift toward a darker palate. That said, this is Colorado and the word cool isn’t exactly ringing true with the weather we’ve been having lately, so perhaps tastes aren’t shifting as much as usual.
With that in mind, Ska Brewing has announced a new, limited release called Dementia. The new ale is a product of their Euphoria Pale Ale after it was aged in Peach Street Distillers’ bourbon barrels. There was no mention of exactly how long the age was done for, but you can check out the cool bottle-artwork and wax-covered top below:
For those interested, Peach Street Distillers is located in Palisade, CO and is the distiller that assisted Ska with the aged Euphoria Pale Ale. Thomas Larsen, who is the headbrewer at Ska Brewing, spoke about today’s news of the Dementia limited release being announced.
“Peach aromas, caramel sweetness and a touch of chocolate and toast provide a boozy and earthy essence. It is the perfect winter warmer,” Larsen said.
Beer drinkers wondering what sort of alcohol by volume (ABV) they’ll be looking at should expect the Dementia to check in at 6.2 percent ABV. International Bitter Units (IBUs) check in at 45 IBUs. Dementia will be available in 22 oz. bombers across Ska’s “largest markets,” which includes Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Southern California and Illinois.
Since this a limited release, you’re better off grabbing your helping of Dementia soon than later. Don’t risk forgetting about Dementia, you’re welcome, and then risk missing out on this limited brew. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on craft beer.
- Rumor: PS4 & PS4 Pro Will Be Lead Marketing Platforms For Far Cry 5 - May 22, 2017
- Rockstar Delays Red Dead Redemption 2, Launching Spring 2018 - May 22, 2017
- Review: Tequila Ocho 2016 Puerta del Aire Plata – A Vintage Marvel - May 22, 2017
- Bungie Talks Destiny 2 On PC: It’s Not A Console Port - May 21, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins Will Be A Fresh Start For The Franchise - May 20, 2017
- Housemarque Announces Nex Machina Release Date - May 19, 2017
- Activision & Bungie Reveal Destiny 2 Gameplay, Campaign, Multiplayer & More - May 19, 2017
- Three Lazy Magnolia Beers That Will Drive You To The Liquor Store - May 19, 2017
- New Life Is Strange Game Confirmed By DONTNOD Entertainment - May 18, 2017
- Review: The Surge – For The Core, For The Dedicated - May 18, 2017