In just a few days, PS4 Pro will launch in retailers across the world. Gamers will be able to see what Sony’s mid-generation upgrade is capable of. Sony, its developers and partners are providing plenty of games to support the upcoming launch, and one of them is Sucker Punch Productions.
Sucker Punch is the studio behind the 2014 PS4 exclusive Infamous Second Son, as well as the expansion Infamous First Light. PS4 Pro will enable developers to do things they simply cannot do on the regular PlayStation 4.
For games that have already been released, like Infamous‘s latest iteration, the changes will be more subtle than in games that launch next year for PS4 Pro. Sucker Punch’s Jason Connell recently spoke about PS4 Pro’s impact on Infamous and confirmed the game will now have a performance options for gamers to enjoy.
“I failed to mention in the post above, but we did include a performance option. You can choose either ‘Better Frame Rate’ or ‘Higher Resolution’. Default is set to the higher resolution option,” Connell said.
Being able to choose the type of performance Infamous is run on will serve players well. Depending on the type of TV you own, you might not be able to run the game on the “Higher Resolution” setting. By Sucker Punch giving gamers options, they are helping them experience Infamous in whichever way their home tech supports.
“If you have an HDR TV, I would definitely fire up Second Son or First Light just to get a glimpse. If you’re anything like me, you’ll likely spend a bunch of time just looking at the effects and lighting improvements,” Connell said.
Infamous Second Son and Infamous First Light are both available for PS4 now. The game’s PS4 Pro patch is already out as well. You can read more about the games’ changes over on PS Blog. PS4 Pro launches on Nov. 10. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on PlayStation.
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a Breakout Switch Exclusive - August 28, 2017