This past weekend, Infinity Ward and Activision kicked off the Call of Duty: Infinity Warfare beta on PS4. Gamers were able to experience a small handful of maps as well as the modes Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed and a few others.
This coming weekend will mark the time when gamers on Xbox One and PC join the Infinite Warfare beta. It will still run on PS4, and in fact, all PS4 owners can gain access to it this weekend.
Should you jump into the action for the first time this weekend, you may want to different Rigs, not just the ones you are comfortable with. If you don’t take my word for it, consider the words from Infinity Ward’s Eric Monacelli.
“Experiment with the different Combat Rigs to find the one or two that best suits your play style. The Rigs are designed to suit distinct play styles. The sheer variety of options in payloads, traits, scorestreaks, equipment, lethals, tacticals, and weapons we have in the multiplayer will further complement your play but you need to figure out what combination works best for you.
“Also, Mission Teams enhance the already joyful experience of community you’ll get when playing multiplayer. Join a mission team unit that suits your gameplay style!” Monacelli told We Write Things.
Mission Teams are a great way to jump into a team that play like you do. It can sometimes be difficult to find players of a similar gameplay style, but Infinite Warfare provides a new solution to that problem.
Scorestreaks have of course been changed up a bit in this year’s game. Monacelli spoke about a new scorestreak you may have seen in the Infinite Warfare beta last weekend.
“It’s most important that scorestreaks which fit the fiction of each game are represented. For instance, in Infinite Warfare multiplayer you can call in Scorchers, a new scorestreak where players can call in three prototype Scorcher jets for a laser strafing run,” Monacelli said.
All PS4 gamers can hop into the Infinite Warfare beta this weekend. Xbox One and PC gamers will also gain access to the beta in a few days. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is taking the series where it has never been before. The game will launch on Nov. 4 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more from our chat with Infinity Ward.
- History Made As LawBreakers Will Burst Onto PS4, PS4 Pro & PC - May 23, 2017
- June’s Games With Gold Is An All-Time Lineup For Xbox One - May 23, 2017
- Scope Aside, Bungie’s Priority Is Making Destiny 2 ‘A Good Action Game’ - May 23, 2017
- Rumor: PS4 & PS4 Pro Will Be Lead Marketing Platforms For Far Cry 5 - May 22, 2017
- Rockstar Delays Red Dead Redemption 2, Launching Spring 2018 - May 22, 2017
- Review: Tequila Ocho 2016 Puerta del Aire Plata – A Vintage Marvel - May 22, 2017
- Bungie Talks Destiny 2 On PC: It’s Not A Console Port - May 21, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins Will Be A Fresh Start For The Franchise - May 20, 2017
- Housemarque Announces Nex Machina Release Date - May 19, 2017
- Activision & Bungie Reveal Destiny 2 Gameplay, Campaign, Multiplayer & More - May 19, 2017