Gamers have been waiting to hear the news for years, and finally, Rockstar Games has officially announced Red Dead Redemption 2. The studio confirmed the game will be released during the fall of 2017 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is said to be “an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland.” Gamers will be able to explore the “vast and atmospheric world” Rockstar Games has created. It is said to be delivering “the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.”
Grand Theft Auto V heavily featured online in the form of GTA Online, so it’s not surprising to read the latter statement from Rockstar. Red Dead Online is the presumed name for Red Dead Redemption 2‘s multiplayer, though it has yet to be formally coined.
For those wondering, Rockstar Games did not make any mention of the game coming to PC in the release they sent to press. If Red Dead Redemption 2 comes to PC at all, it’s fair to expect a similar path to what we saw with GTA V. Founder of Rockstar Games Sam Houser spoke about today’s news.
“With Red Dead Redemption 2, the team is working hard to push forward our vision for interactive entertainment in a truly living world. We hope to deliver players an epic experience that builds upon everything we’ve learned making games,” Houser said.
So the game is real, but what about gameplay? Rockstar Games stated there will be a trailer released this coming Thursday, Oct. 20. You can watch the trailer at 11:00 a.m. EST. Until then, check out several theories we have about Red Dead 2. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Ubisoft Releases Update 1.7 for Tom Clancy’s The Division - August 17, 2017
- Stunning Indie Game Light Fall Drops March 2018 on PS4, Xbox One & PC - August 17, 2017
- Activision Reveals Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta Dates - August 16, 2017
- WBIE Releases New Shadow of War Tribes Trailer - August 16, 2017
- Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates Releases October on Steam - August 16, 2017
- Dev Announces Raid: World War II’s September PC Release Date - August 16, 2017
- We Happy Few Forgoing Console Exclusivity is a Win for Gamers - August 16, 2017
- God Told Far Cry 5’s Villain The End of The World is Coming - August 15, 2017
- Xbox Acknowledges Xbox One X Pre-Order Frustration, Talks YouTube Streaming - August 15, 2017
- Meet Volition’s New Masterpiece: Agents of Mayhem - August 15, 2017