Betas are an extremely common occurrence for online games these days, and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is getting ready to feature one. In a matter of two days, gamers will be able to take their first steps into Infinite Warfare‘s online competitive multiplayer.
Infinity Ward will be the studio behind this year’s Call of Duty and they are taking the action to space. What should be an interesting blend of boots on the ground and high-flying multiplayer, Infinite Warfare is ready to give players a taste of what’s coming.
A number of features will be showcased to gamers in this weekend’s beta. In an interview with We Write Things, Eric Monacelli, who is the director of communications for Infinity Ward, spoke about his expectations for the beta and what he’s looking forward to players experiencing.
“The beta is going to be awesome. There are a ton of fresh features we’re introducing this year but I’m most excited about two. The beta gives players an accelerated look at Prototype Weapon Crafting and a glimpse at Mission Teams, two of the new systems we’re adding to multiplayer in Infinite Warfare. I can’t say much more right now or it’ll ruin the discovery of the systems but they’re both great fun!” Monacelli said.
This weekend’s beta will be exclusive to PS4 for a week, and everything begins Oct. 14. Gamers on Xbox One and PC will be able to join the action on Oct. 21. If you’re looking for information on how you can jump into Infinite Warfare‘s beta, check out Activision’s FAQ.
New combat rigs, three new multiplayer maps and five different modes will be shown off during the beta. It’s fair to expect more maps and modes to be showcased outside of the aforementioned numbers. However, those are the confirmed figures we have.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will be releasing on Nov. 4 worldwide. The game will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC. If you’re looking to check out Modern Warfare Remastered, you can through these bundles.
Stick around here at We Write Things as we’ll have much more from our chat with Infinity Ward in the coming days. For those looking for some new gameplay from the aforementioned remaster, enjoy.
- Rumor: PS4 & PS4 Pro Will Be Lead Marketing Platforms For Far Cry 5 - May 22, 2017
- Rockstar Delays Red Dead Redemption 2, Launching Spring 2018 - May 22, 2017
- Review: Tequila Ocho 2016 Puerta del Aire Plata – A Vintage Marvel - May 22, 2017
- Bungie Talks Destiny 2 On PC: It’s Not A Console Port - May 21, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins Will Be A Fresh Start For The Franchise - May 20, 2017
- Housemarque Announces Nex Machina Release Date - May 19, 2017
- Activision & Bungie Reveal Destiny 2 Gameplay, Campaign, Multiplayer & More - May 19, 2017
- Three Lazy Magnolia Beers That Will Drive You To The Liquor Store - May 19, 2017
- New Life Is Strange Game Confirmed By DONTNOD Entertainment - May 18, 2017
- Review: The Surge – For The Core, For The Dedicated - May 18, 2017