Betas are an extremely common occurrence for online games these days, and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is getting ready to feature one. In a matter of two days, gamers will be able to take their first steps into Infinite Warfare‘s online competitive multiplayer.
Infinity Ward will be the studio behind this year’s Call of Duty and they are taking the action to space. What should be an interesting blend of boots on the ground and high-flying multiplayer, Infinite Warfare is ready to give players a taste of what’s coming.
A number of features will be showcased to gamers in this weekend’s beta. In an interview with We Write Things, Eric Monacelli, who is the director of communications for Infinity Ward, spoke about his expectations for the beta and what he’s looking forward to players experiencing.
“The beta is going to be awesome. There are a ton of fresh features we’re introducing this year but I’m most excited about two. The beta gives players an accelerated look at Prototype Weapon Crafting and a glimpse at Mission Teams, two of the new systems we’re adding to multiplayer in Infinite Warfare. I can’t say much more right now or it’ll ruin the discovery of the systems but they’re both great fun!” Monacelli said.
This weekend’s beta will be exclusive to PS4 for a week, and everything begins Oct. 14. Gamers on Xbox One and PC will be able to join the action on Oct. 21. If you’re looking for information on how you can jump into Infinite Warfare‘s beta, check out Activision’s FAQ.
New combat rigs, three new multiplayer maps and five different modes will be shown off during the beta. It’s fair to expect more maps and modes to be showcased outside of the aforementioned numbers. However, those are the confirmed figures we have.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will be releasing on Nov. 4 worldwide. The game will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC. If you’re looking to check out Modern Warfare Remastered, you can through these bundles.
Stick around here at We Write Things as we’ll have much more from our chat with Infinity Ward in the coming days. For those looking for some new gameplay from the aforementioned remaster, enjoy.
- PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Development Process Made Seamless By Microsoft & Sony, Says Mulaka Dev - April 24, 2017
- Activision Confirms Call of Duty: WWII, Livestream Coming Wednesday - April 22, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s Nemesis System Is ‘Expanded In Every Way’ - April 22, 2017
- Star Wars Battlefront II’s Story Now An Established Part Of The Franchise - April 22, 2017
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey Receives Exciting New Trailer - April 21, 2017
- Ubisoft Cuts The Ribbon On New Bordeaux & Berlin Development Studios - April 20, 2017
- Remedy Recounts Microsoft’s Request To Remove ‘Explicit Nudity’ Texture From Quantum Break - April 20, 2017
- Dev On Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel: ‘More Machines’ & Respecting The Emotional Connection - April 19, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Will Feature The Nazgul As Enemy Bosses - April 19, 2017
- Mulaka Is Coming To PS4 & Xbox One This Year, And It Looks Awesome - April 18, 2017