Tomb Raider made its re-appearance back in 2013 and since then the franchise has continued to grow. Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics have once again made the brand into one of the biggest action IPs in gaming today.
Last year, the duo released Rise of the Tomb Raider and it was arguably one of 2015’s best games. As you may be aware, Microsoft played a major role in helping Square and Crystal create Rise of the Tomb Raider. The game was a timed-exclusive on Xbox One, but today the game has come to PS4.
There was of course much made about the partnership between Square Enix and Microsoft, but no matter your opinion on the matter, it seems to have helped increase the vitality of Tomb Raider. In an exclusive interview with We Write Things, Crystal Dynamics’ Chris Johnston spoke about the partnership with Microsoft.
“[Microsoft] helped us realize our vision of Tomb Raider and the game we wanted to build. They are great partners to work with. We have a long history of working with Microsoft and we were able to deliver a great game that we’re really proud of.
“Yeah I think it helped with general awareness and like I said Microsoft has been great partners with us. They helped us realize our vision of the game we wanted to create,” Johnston said.
Gamers can pick up Rise of the Tomb Raider today on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Xbox 360. The game will also have a PSVR experience for those who adopt the platform. This coming November, PS4 Pro will be releasing and Crystal is putting in unique features for that device too.
Rise of the Tomb Raider is one of the best games that will hit the PS4 this year, especially if you are new to it. The visuals are absolutely stunning. The world is incredibly authentic. The narrative is compelling and so are its characters. We’ll have much more on Rise of the Tomb Raider in the coming hours. Stick around here at We Write Things for more.
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017