Music is a very important part of any game these days. The right tunes can cast the ideal mood or heighten your sense of immersion. 2K Games and Hangar 13 will give players a breadth of different musical options to cruise around Mafia 3‘s New Bordeaux to.
Open-world games that have settings like New Bordeaux provide must feel convincing and authentic. Grand Theft Auto is perhaps the most well-known game to compare Mafia 3 with. GTA hands out plenty of options for gamers to listen to and Mafia 3 won’t be coming up short in that department.
You will be able to pick between a number of different radio stations in Mafia 3, and each of those stations has unique playlists within them. In an exclusive interview with We Write Things, Haden Blackman, who is the creative director and studio head at Hangar 13, detailed the types of music choices gamers will have in Mafia 3.
“We have three distinct radio stations in the game that each have their own playlists. Combined, they provide a very eclectic range of music from the late 1960s – we’ve got over 100 licensed tracks in the game altogether. I think that everything absolutely belongs to the setting, or helps us tell the story,” Blackman said.
Music surely helps developers tell stories the way they are meant to be told. Not only will Mafia 3 be a game with plenty of licensed tracks, but the game will have its own original soundtrack too. Jesse Harlin and Jim Bonney are on the job for creating Mafia 3‘s soundtrack, and that should compliment the licensed music nicely.
Open-world games tend to be some of the most appealing types simply because they enable great player expression. Mafia 3 doesn’t seem to be any different in that regard, however, Blackman said one thing gamers won’t be able to do is pick up escorts on the street.
“Early on, we decided that everything Lincoln does either furthers his quest to take down the Italian mob or build up his own criminal family. So, while you can take over prostitution rackets in the city, Lincoln doesn’t have the time or desire to partake,” Blackman said.
Player expression is at the heart of open-world games and Mafia 3 will show just why that is. The near year and a half journey for Hangar 13 is just about over. Their Gamescom 2015 reveal has led to this coming Friday, Oct. 7, which is when Mafia 3 will debut. The game will hit PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Mafia 3.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017