2K Games and Hangar 13 have nearly reached their goal of releasing Mafia 3. The open-world action game, which is set in a fictional version of New Orleans called New Bordeaux, launches this Friday. Games such as Mafia 3 provide gamers with plenty of chances to be creative, and Hangar 13 gave us some vehicles you’ll want to keep an eye on.
Open-world games like Mafia 3, Grand Theft Auto and others all have common themes. Both games allow the player to hijack cars at their will and then show what they can do with them. Mafia 3 will have a vast array of unique vehicles for players to choose from.
Whether you are a player who enjoys the thrill of a motorcycle or the dominance of a SUV-type car, Mafia 3 has you covered. In an exclusive interview with We Write Things, Haden Blackman, who is the studio head and creative director at Hangar 13, explained a few of the motorized machines he’s particularly fond of.
“I think that players will gravitate towards different vehicle based on their play-style. I personally like using the armored sedan or the armored truck, especially in the open world, because they allow me to roll into combat situations and run down several enemies before firing a shot. I also think that players will be surprised by the boats in the game – there’s something almost meditative about cruising through the bayou in a fan boat that provides a nice break from the action,” Blackman said.
Armored trucks and sedans certainly seem like they’ll come in handy, particularly during some of the game’s more risky missions. Having an armored vehicle in your possession means a more powerful defense or ramming tool. Being able to smash through enemy congregations is just one of the ways Mafia 3 provides satisfying action.
The Bayou and wetland area of New Bordeaux provides gamers with a chance to switch up the setting. The concrete-covered streets of the city can become a bit repetitive, so heading to the water will be a great way to keep things fresh. How will you drive in Mafia 3? There are plenty of options for you to pick from.
It has been since Gamescom 2015 that 2K first revealed Mafia 3 and here we are only a matter of days away from its launch. The game will officially debut this coming Friday, Oct. 7 for the PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Mafia 3.
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a Breakout Switch Exclusive - August 28, 2017