Today may not be the golden age of platformers, but Playtonic Games is creating a game that could take us to it. The studio is working on Yooka-Laylee, which is described as the spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie.
The game has gone through a Kickstarter that helped get the game’s development moving. As things stand today, Playtonic Games and Team17 have partnered up to launch Yooka-Laylee. The title should be out sometime during the early part of next year.
The duo released a brand-new trailer for Yooka-Laylee and you can view it below. In the video below, you can get a look at some of the characters in the game.
Earlier this year, We Write Things had a chance to preview the upcoming platformer. I couldn’t help but be captured by the beautiful and unique world, and I think gamers will feel the same. You can read more about Yooka-Laylee in our preview here.
Team17 and Playtonic Games are aiming for Yooka-Laylee to launch sometime during March 2017. The game is coming to PS4, Xbox One, PC and Wii U. It’s an interesting thing to note that the Wii U is still receiving the title, particularly since the Nintendo NX will be out during the same time next year.
There’s always the possibility that Playtonic and Team17 can release the title for Nintendo NX, but that remains to be seen. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Yooka-Laylee.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Is The Best Looking Game On Xbox One X - June 22, 2017
- Far Cry 5’s American Debut Comes At Exactly The Right Time - June 22, 2017
- Review: Sam Adams Summer Seasonal Beers – Part II - June 22, 2017
- Review: George Remus Straight Bourbon Whiskey – A Whiskey Lover’s Delight - June 21, 2017
- Xbox One Executive Calls $499 Xbox One X Price ‘An Incredible Value’ - June 20, 2017
- PS4 Boss Teases Exclusives Launching During First Half 2018 - June 19, 2017
- Destiny 2 Plays, Looks & Runs Amazing On PC - June 19, 2017
- Perception Grants A New Lens For Experiencing Terror & Adventure - June 16, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII Delivers What Gamers Wanted In A Massive Way - June 16, 2017
- PS4 Exclusive Days Gone Gives Players Alternate Paths To Success - June 15, 2017