Last year was a monumental one for Bethesda Softworks. Fallout 4 stood as the publisher’s marquee game and it proved to be a Game of the Year. The publisher is now mostly done with Fallout 4 and has its full attention placed on Dishonored 2.
The series, which debuted during 2012, is receiving its second iteration this coming Nov. 11. While the game is highly thought of by gamers, it is not exactly on the same level as Fallout 4. Hype for the latter reached monumental heights and it delivered on what fans wanted.
Dishonored 2 is probably not going to sell as many units as Fallout 4, but Bethesda has no issue with that. Bethesda Softworks PR and Marketing boss Pete Hines explained his expectations for Dishonored 2.
“We are pretty good at looking at each game and understanding what its potential is. We’re not saying that Doom or Dishonored 2 has to do as well as Fallout 4. I think that would be unfair to those games and studios.
“I don’t think someone like yourself would ever look at Dishonored 2 and say: ‘Absolutely, that is the same as Skyrim in terms of its potential’. It is a different game from a different studio. It can still achieve enormous success and not be Skyrim,” Hines told MCV.
Dishonored 2 will arrive in less than two months from now and fans seem ready for it. Bethesda Softworks has provided gamers with plenty of reasons to be excited about the game, and the new trailer above emphasizes that.
Explaining to players everything that’s behind Dishonored 2 was a point of emphasis for Bethesda. Trailers like the new one above have show players what to expect. Gamers assume the role of Emily Kaldwin and Corvo Attano, both of whom have unique abilities.
Dishonored 2 will launch this coming Nov. 11 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on the upcoming sequel.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017