Last year was a monumental one for Bethesda Softworks. Fallout 4 stood as the publisher’s marquee game and it proved to be a Game of the Year. The publisher is now mostly done with Fallout 4 and has its full attention placed on Dishonored 2.
The series, which debuted during 2012, is receiving its second iteration this coming Nov. 11. While the game is highly thought of by gamers, it is not exactly on the same level as Fallout 4. Hype for the latter reached monumental heights and it delivered on what fans wanted.
Dishonored 2 is probably not going to sell as many units as Fallout 4, but Bethesda has no issue with that. Bethesda Softworks PR and Marketing boss Pete Hines explained his expectations for Dishonored 2.
“We are pretty good at looking at each game and understanding what its potential is. We’re not saying that Doom or Dishonored 2 has to do as well as Fallout 4. I think that would be unfair to those games and studios.
“I don’t think someone like yourself would ever look at Dishonored 2 and say: ‘Absolutely, that is the same as Skyrim in terms of its potential’. It is a different game from a different studio. It can still achieve enormous success and not be Skyrim,” Hines told MCV.
Dishonored 2 will arrive in less than two months from now and fans seem ready for it. Bethesda Softworks has provided gamers with plenty of reasons to be excited about the game, and the new trailer above emphasizes that.
Explaining to players everything that’s behind Dishonored 2 was a point of emphasis for Bethesda. Trailers like the new one above have show players what to expect. Gamers assume the role of Emily Kaldwin and Corvo Attano, both of whom have unique abilities.
Dishonored 2 will launch this coming Nov. 11 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on the upcoming sequel.
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017