Activision is taking the Call of Duty franchise to heights it has never seen before. Gamers will be able to experience it all this November. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is this year’s new installment in the franchise and it is sending gamers from Earth into the stars above.
At the massive Call of Duty XP fan event taking place this weekend, Activision announced a handful of major details surrounding Infinite Warfare as well as Modern Warfare Remastered. As for the former, Infinite Warfare will be receiving a multiplayer beta, which begins first on PS4 this Oct. 14.
Gamers who pre-order Infinite Warfare on PS4 will receive priority or first access to the beta this October. Activision will share more regarding additional platforms for the beta in the days ahead. The firm also showed off a brand-new multiplayer trailer for Infinite Warfare and you can feast your eyes on it below.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is one of the most adored installments in franchise history. Fans have clamored for a remaster in the series and Activision has chosen Modern Warfare. The game will release alongside Infinite Warfare this November, and Activision confirmed the remaster will contain all 16 original multiplayer maps by the end of this year.
They also announced that when the last six maps are released in December, gamers will not have to pay any additional fees in order to get them. If you own Modern Warfare Remastered, you will then own all 16 multiplayer maps by year’s end.
PlayStation VR will launch this coming Oct. 13. Gamers who invest in PlayStation VR will be able to pick up the Jackal Assault free for PS VR. “Jackal Assault immerses fans in the cockpit and puts them in control of a Jackal, the personal fighter jet in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.”
There’s an awful lot for players to love about Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. The game will be releasing this Nov. 4. Rob Kostich, who is the EVP and GM of Call of Duty for Activision, spoke about the recent news, plus what fans can look forward to in the coming weeks.
“There’s a ton of excitement here at Call of Duty XP. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for Call of Duty fans to celebrate and enjoy everything this franchise has to offer. We’re continuing the momentum from XP next month as fans around the world will be able to join us online to play in the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare multiplayer beta, which will give fans a chance to play multiplayer early and will help us to further polish the MP experience as we head into launch,” Kostich said.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will release on Nov. 4 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around for much more on Call of Duty here at We Write Things.
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017