The fall season is quickly approaching with September beginning tomorrow, and I’m here to talk about a delicious seasonal from Funkwerks. Available now where Funkwerks’ beer is sold, the brewery’s fall ale is known as the Solenna Belgian-Style Ale and it’s a refreshing way to prepare for the colder months.
Led by a smooth presentation or taste, the Solenna is a wonderfully mild and light Belgian that is easy on the palate. This fall seasonal has a high level of drinkability and will be something you can enjoy several times over the course of a meal.
Solenna has some fruity notes that lean more towards a citrus angle, but they end up revealing to be a characteristic of its Germany hops. Apple is a fruit you’ll detect and its really quite a subtle note that comes across. Don’t expect big, gaudy apple when you taste the Solenna, as it is very understated, but provides a nice compliment to the overall palate.
Other segments of Solenna’s palate will be a slight spice, that’s quickly joined by the apple notes. This spice is a product of the Brettanomyces ingredient and goes hand-in-hand with the apple quite nicely.
Some beer drinkers might discover the cinnamon to be an apparent character in the Solenna, but I felt like the spice and apple notes came across much more clearly. Fresh-cut grass is a note that I found most apparent in the nose of the Solenna compared to the palate.
Some quick facts about the beer are it is served in 4-packs of 11.2 fluid ounce bottles and it sports a 6.3 percent alcohol by volume (ABV). You can check out other seasonal ales that Funkwerks has over at their site.
When I step back and take a look at the Solenna, I see a very drinkable, refreshing and well-balanced Belgian-Style Ale that is a must-have during the fall season. Stick around here at We Write Things for more hoppy insights regarding the craft brewing industry.
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a Breakout Switch Exclusive - August 28, 2017