The fall season is quickly approaching with September beginning tomorrow, and I’m here to talk about a delicious seasonal from Funkwerks. Available now where Funkwerks’ beer is sold, the brewery’s fall ale is known as the Solenna Belgian-Style Ale and it’s a refreshing way to prepare for the colder months.
Led by a smooth presentation or taste, the Solenna is a wonderfully mild and light Belgian that is easy on the palate. This fall seasonal has a high level of drinkability and will be something you can enjoy several times over the course of a meal.
Solenna has some fruity notes that lean more towards a citrus angle, but they end up revealing to be a characteristic of its Germany hops. Apple is a fruit you’ll detect and its really quite a subtle note that comes across. Don’t expect big, gaudy apple when you taste the Solenna, as it is very understated, but provides a nice compliment to the overall palate.
Other segments of Solenna’s palate will be a slight spice, that’s quickly joined by the apple notes. This spice is a product of the Brettanomyces ingredient and goes hand-in-hand with the apple quite nicely.
Some beer drinkers might discover the cinnamon to be an apparent character in the Solenna, but I felt like the spice and apple notes came across much more clearly. Fresh-cut grass is a note that I found most apparent in the nose of the Solenna compared to the palate.
Some quick facts about the beer are it is served in 4-packs of 11.2 fluid ounce bottles and it sports a 6.3 percent alcohol by volume (ABV). You can check out other seasonal ales that Funkwerks has over at their site.
When I step back and take a look at the Solenna, I see a very drinkable, refreshing and well-balanced Belgian-Style Ale that is a must-have during the fall season. Stick around here at We Write Things for more hoppy insights regarding the craft brewing industry.
- Agents of Mayhem’s Global Conflict Mode Reveals Hidden Lairs, Best Gadgets - July 26, 2017
- Sega Genesis is Returning This September With 85 Classic Games - July 26, 2017
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice Captures Photo Mode This August - July 26, 2017
- Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition Coming to Switch This September - July 26, 2017
- Aven Colony is a Fun Yet Repetitive Experience - July 25, 2017
- Justin Bieber Inspired Agents of Mayhem’s Villain Gaunt - July 25, 2017
- Nintendo Switch Will Receive Overcooked: Special Edition - July 24, 2017
- Linkin Park Releases Heartfelt Letter to the Late Chester Bennington - July 24, 2017
- Microsoft Reveals $279 Xbox One S Madden 18 Bundle - July 24, 2017
- LawBreakers Exclusive: Not Just Another Shooter, but a Fast, Frantic Symphony - July 24, 2017