A game that was originally slated to debut this coming holiday is now set to launch early next year. That game is Mass Effect Andromeda and it is arguably one of the most highly sought after games coming in 2017.
EA has shown off Mass Effect Andromeda the last two E3’s, but gamers are still waiting for the big slice. So far, we’ve seen a few teaser trailers and several documentary style videos, but nothing concrete has been shown.
Mass Effect Andromeda could be getting close to a reveal over the next few months, and the game has EA’s top executives buzzing about the game. EA Chief Competition Officer Peter Moore spoke about games as a service and his thoughts on Andromeda.
“We are a company that is focused on delivering for the future. We’ve got incredibly talented dev studios around the world who are focused on delivering new IP, new experiences, more and more live services. Could we make an easy buck on remastering Mass Effect, yes. We just feel like we want to go forward.
“There’s a little thing called Mass Effect Andromeda that we’re totally focused on at BioWare, and it’s going to be magnificent. Do we have teams that are lying around and doing nothing? No we don’t. We want to focus on the future and delivering new IP and new experiences. There’s easy money to be made all over this industry, but the real focus should be on player first. That’s what our real focus is,” Moore told IGN.
Since E3 2016, the industry hasn’t seen anything new come from Mass Effect Andromeda. Many are thinking nothing will come up until Nov. 7, which is N7 Day. It’s always possible though that EA could show up at Sony’s PlayStation event this September and drop some PS4 Neo gameplay footage of Andromeda, but it’s unlikely.
The content EA showed off during E3 2016 was a bit disappointing to some gamers. However, whatever EA didn’t show at E3, they still have it to reveal in the coming weeks. It would be quite interesting for EA to show what the game looks like when running on Neo, but we’ll have to wait to find out what’s next.
EA is getting ready to launch Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 this coming October. The former will debut on Oct. 28, while the latter will arrive on Oct. 21. Both will be available for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Is The Best Looking Game On Xbox One X - June 22, 2017
- Far Cry 5’s American Debut Comes At Exactly The Right Time - June 22, 2017
- Review: Sam Adams Summer Seasonal Beers – Part II - June 22, 2017
- Review: George Remus Straight Bourbon Whiskey – A Whiskey Lover’s Delight - June 21, 2017
- Xbox One Executive Calls $499 Xbox One X Price ‘An Incredible Value’ - June 20, 2017
- PS4 Boss Teases Exclusives Launching During First Half 2018 - June 19, 2017
- Destiny 2 Plays, Looks & Runs Amazing On PC - June 19, 2017
- Perception Grants A New Lens For Experiencing Terror & Adventure - June 16, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII Delivers What Gamers Wanted In A Massive Way - June 16, 2017
- PS4 Exclusive Days Gone Gives Players Alternate Paths To Success - June 15, 2017