Video games have become so advanced this generation, both in terms of the technology that runs them and in their visual nature. Both PS4 and Xbox One have seen incredibly great looking games since they launched in 2013, and for PS4, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End certainly is one of the best.
Uncharted 4 launched back in May of this year and it has been one of the best looking games to hit the PS4 yet. The game turned out quite well and ran fairly smoothly on the PS4, as far as most are concerned at least.
That said, some in the industry weren’t entirely blown away with Uncharted 4’s camera and how it ultimately performed when things got moving quickly. Bound Creative Director Michal Staniszewski spoke about Uncharted 4 and something he noticed when it came to challenging the game’s camera.
“Uncharted has amazing graphics, jaws on the floor and so on. But if you spin the camera around you’ll see this blur in the camera, this is something that I really hate. [laughs] And this is mostly because if they wouldn’t do that then it would be jaggy movement and this would be much worse.
“But when you play Mario on Nintendo, it’s super fluid and no single frame dropped. So I said ok, we can sacrifice half of the visual effects because we are literally sacrificing half of the processing power that we have. There’s this quality that was lost and we should say that we don’t like it,” Staniszewski told The-Optional.
Just about any third-person game you play, with the visual quality of Uncharted 4, will experience a blurry camera if you really challenge it. Naughty Dog delivered an excellent game in the form of Uncharted 4, but no matter how good a game is, there are always things that could have been better.
It’s not exactly the fairest comparison when looking at a game like Mario versus Uncharted 4 because they are two completely different experiences, with different visual directions. Uncharted 4 is available now for the PS4. Stick around for more video games coverage here on We Write Things.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017