Gaming is at an interesting cross-road. There is the impending arrival of new hardware from Microsoft (Project Scorpio), Sony (PS4 Neo) and Nintendo (NX), something we already saw from each of them in the last four years or so. Hardware has been a serious emphasis this generation, but the most power isn’t all that matters to some.
So far this generation, two of the most important superficial aspects of games that have been emphasized to a dramatic degree are frame rate and resolution. While I do think it’s important for a game to have a solid frame rate, some still go to gaming for a lot more than the best visuals.
The Nintendo Wii U has struggled to grab a serious share of the console market, but that’s not to say people still aren’t enjoying many of the console’s silky smooth titles. Bound Creative Director Michal Staniszewski discussed how happy he is with his Wii U and said it is his go to console at home.
“I bought a Nintendo Wii U [laughs] about two and a half years ago and I was really really happy with that decision. It’s the only console I have at the home right now. I have a PS4 at the office, but I just play Nintendo at home, and I’m really really amazed that they are concentrating on releasing games in 60 frames per second in full HD with multi-sampling.
“They look gorgeous and completely smooth and I play them with my kid. I think that’s something we lost in this current console war between Xbox One and PS4, they were concentrated on making the graphics full of effects and not sharp,”Staniszewski told The-Optional.
It is refreshing to hear a take on the PS4, Xbox One and Wii U, particularly one involving a Wii U owner. No one can argue the fact that Nintendo has created some incredible first-party experiences, and that’s something they do just as well as any other publisher in gaming.
Nintendo is working to bring out a new console during March 2017, though we have yet to hear what exactly this new system is going to be. While the NX still sits in ambiguity, gamers can pick up Bound for PS4 today. Stick around at We Write Things for more on video games.
- PS4 Pro & Project Scorpio Development Process Made Seamless By Microsoft & Sony, Says Mulaka Dev - April 24, 2017
- Activision Confirms Call of Duty: WWII, Livestream Coming Wednesday - April 22, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s Nemesis System Is ‘Expanded In Every Way’ - April 22, 2017
- Star Wars Battlefront II’s Story Now An Established Part Of The Franchise - April 22, 2017
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey Receives Exciting New Trailer - April 21, 2017
- Ubisoft Cuts The Ribbon On New Bordeaux & Berlin Development Studios - April 20, 2017
- Remedy Recounts Microsoft’s Request To Remove ‘Explicit Nudity’ Texture From Quantum Break - April 20, 2017
- Dev On Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel: ‘More Machines’ & Respecting The Emotional Connection - April 19, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Will Feature The Nazgul As Enemy Bosses - April 19, 2017
- Mulaka Is Coming To PS4 & Xbox One This Year, And It Looks Awesome - April 18, 2017