The first Dishonored debuted back in 2012, and it was an excellent debut as gamers loved what they saw and the game performed well from a sales standpoint. Several years have passed and now the second installment in the Dishonored franchise will debut this November.
In Dishonored 2, gamers will step into the shoes of Emily Kaldwin, in addition to Corvo, and will be taking on a new threat with a new set of powers. This will be the first time since we saw the debut hit in the franchise back in 2012, and it’s one of the most anticipated games of the year.
Games borrow themes and parts from other titles all the time, and while Far Cry may not be a 100 percent direct influence in the gameplay we see in Dishonored, it is still a title Arkane might reference. Dishonored 2 creative director Harvey Smith spoke about which iteration in the Far Cry series was his favorite.
“It’s like Far Cry 2–my favorite of the Far Cry series–where you’re constantly trying to sneak, but something’s going wrong. And then in that split second, you have to dynamically react, fight-or-flight. It’s really exciting. There’s something thrilling about your plan going awry. In a tactical space, it all happens very fast, but we give you lots of tools to react and to change things,” Smith told GameSpot.
In the context of the Far Cry series, it has always done a fine job of creating that tension while you’re sneaking around, though if you are caught by an enemy, all hell breaks loose. Dishonored creates a similar dynamic very effectively and places players in precarious situations, especially if they don’t use enough care.
Dishonored 2 will be released this coming Nov. 11 for the PS4, Xbox One and PC. The first game is also available now on PS4 and Xbox One, and can be picked up at sites like Amazon for $19.99. Stay tuned to We Play Things for more on the upcoming Dishonored 2.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Is The Best Looking Game On Xbox One X - June 22, 2017
- Far Cry 5’s American Debut Comes At Exactly The Right Time - June 22, 2017
- Review: Sam Adams Summer Seasonal Beers – Part II - June 22, 2017
- Review: George Remus Straight Bourbon Whiskey – A Whiskey Lover’s Delight - June 21, 2017
- Xbox One Executive Calls $499 Xbox One X Price ‘An Incredible Value’ - June 20, 2017
- PS4 Boss Teases Exclusives Launching During First Half 2018 - June 19, 2017
- Destiny 2 Plays, Looks & Runs Amazing On PC - June 19, 2017
- Perception Grants A New Lens For Experiencing Terror & Adventure - June 16, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII Delivers What Gamers Wanted In A Massive Way - June 16, 2017
- PS4 Exclusive Days Gone Gives Players Alternate Paths To Success - June 15, 2017