The first Dishonored debuted back in 2012, and it was an excellent debut as gamers loved what they saw and the game performed well from a sales standpoint. Several years have passed and now the second installment in the Dishonored franchise will debut this November.
In Dishonored 2, gamers will step into the shoes of Emily Kaldwin, in addition to Corvo, and will be taking on a new threat with a new set of powers. This will be the first time since we saw the debut hit in the franchise back in 2012, and it’s one of the most anticipated games of the year.
Games borrow themes and parts from other titles all the time, and while Far Cry may not be a 100 percent direct influence in the gameplay we see in Dishonored, it is still a title Arkane might reference. Dishonored 2 creative director Harvey Smith spoke about which iteration in the Far Cry series was his favorite.
“It’s like Far Cry 2–my favorite of the Far Cry series–where you’re constantly trying to sneak, but something’s going wrong. And then in that split second, you have to dynamically react, fight-or-flight. It’s really exciting. There’s something thrilling about your plan going awry. In a tactical space, it all happens very fast, but we give you lots of tools to react and to change things,” Smith told GameSpot.
In the context of the Far Cry series, it has always done a fine job of creating that tension while you’re sneaking around, though if you are caught by an enemy, all hell breaks loose. Dishonored creates a similar dynamic very effectively and places players in precarious situations, especially if they don’t use enough care.
Dishonored 2 will be released this coming Nov. 11 for the PS4, Xbox One and PC. The first game is also available now on PS4 and Xbox One, and can be picked up at sites like Amazon for $19.99. Stay tuned to We Play Things for more on the upcoming Dishonored 2.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017